Clevo PC50DF1 or TongFang GM5MP7Y: 2070 Refresh Max-Q with 105W TDP?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Brixxlnator, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Brixxlnator

Brixxlnator Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello!

I am currently deciding between a Clevo PC50DF1 and a TongFang GM5MP7Y.
    Since I have some cheaper ways of getting these, I only have access to the PC50DF1 with a 10750H and the TongFang with 10875H.

I don't really need the 10875H, since I am strictly going for Gaming. The PC50DF1 therefore is cheaper, but I was undecided because of the 2070 Max-Q vs. Max-P (I am trying to replace my desktop with a 2060, I don't want to drop too far below that level of performance). Now I saw that Schenker states that the PC50DF1 comes with a 105W TDP (instead of the usual 80-90W). Does anyone know if this is true for all PC50DF1 or is it some magic done by Schenker?

Because in that case, Max-Q und Max-P should almost be the same regarding performance, if this holds true, which would make the Schenker option more attractive considering the price difference.

Thank you all!

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The best place for this question might be our Sager forum or our Other Manufacturers forum where you can find discussion on TongFang notebooks. Feel free to post the questions in one of the owners threads.

I think you're right on principal that two RTX 2070s with the same power limit should perform closely. Benchmarks are the tell; ideally, get a GPU-Z log that shows the core/memory frequencies over time. Members who own those notebooks here may be willing to provide that or give you other advice.

Charles

3. Brixxlnator

Brixxlnator Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

thank you for reply!

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, I will post again in those you suggested.

Cheers!

4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It's fine - this isn't the wrong section - I'm just advising you that you might want to post in another one of our forums. I can move your thread if you want.

Charles

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.