Clevo PA70HS-G

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Zeke777

Zeke777 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So wait, Eurocom ETA for the Q7 is in November?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

2. Delgada89

Delgada89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does that mean we'll see a Q5 refresh for CFL? Q7 looks nice but I like small form factor.

3. jsstp24n5

jsstp24n5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was thinking November means Coffee Lake but I believe high-end notebook Coffee Lake will not be released until next year. I'm not sure why they need a new motherboard for the i7-7820HK...

4. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  5. Dovan1405

Dovan1405 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi would like to find out how good the screen is. Comparing this to the msi ge73vr which has a 89% argb, what is the range of this roughly?

6. Jmanthesin

Jmanthesin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Screen's nice and bright.

Borto88 and Dovan1405 like this.
  7. hinderaker

hinderaker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I got my PA70Hx? (120hz 2560x1440) a couple of days back and I am not impressed by its cooling. The CPU cooling in particular.

My CPU is running very close to its max (100 degrees celsius) during 1440p gaming, and only a few degrees lower in 1080p. For example today my CPU reached 97*C during PUBG, even with a load of only 60%.

At the same time the GPU is 80-85*C (which is acceptable) with a load of 90%+.

Running an Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and running the CPU at 100% does not make it go that high at all. Actually it doesn't go higher than mid 80s. So it is CPU and GPU combined that makes the trouble.

Any similar experiences?

8. jsstp24n5

jsstp24n5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Which reseller did you buy from and did they or you repaste the CPU? Have you tried undervolting the CPU? What CPU do you have: the 7700HQ or the 7820HK?

9. hinderaker

Reputations:
    Thanks for the quick reply :)

I forgot to say, I have the i7-7700HQ. The reseller is Multicom (Norwegian company). It is not repasted, and I am looking into undervolting (should work without it imo). Idle temps are 60*C with 1% load for both CPU and GPU.

As mentioned earlier CPU-only load does not take the CPU that high, not even with 100% load. It is the CPU- and GPU-load combined (games etc) that makes the cooling fall short. I find it sufficent enough for the GPU though. CPU never goes over 3.6ghz in games (probably due to temp) while with light loads it goes up to 3.8ghz.

10. hinderaker

Reputations:
    Not to mention the body (chassis?) getting hot. When the CPU hit 97*C it became uncomfortable to use "W" for running in-game due to temperature. I also am glad I have noise-cancelling headset ;)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017