Clevo P870KM-GS - mySN or CEG

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Rynaus, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rynaus

Rynaus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello everyone

I am new to this forum. I am intending to buy the latest Clevo P870KM model with i7 7700k and single GTX 1080. My configuration is as follows:

. 43,9 cm (17.3") Ultra-HD (3840*2160) Non-Glare IPS
    . NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5 - mit G-SYNC
    . Intel Core i7-7700K | 4 Kerne | 8 Threads | 4,2 - 4,5GHz | TDP: 95W
    . 16GB (1x16384) SO-DIMM DDR4 RAM 2400MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport LT
    . 1TB m.2 Samsung 960 Pro NVMe

This configuration on mySN.de (including 2 years pickup and return warranty) costs roughly EUR 4300
    https://www.mysn.de/xmg-ultimate-gaming-laptops/xmg-u727-kbl

CEG provides the same configuration (with same warranty) for EUR 3900
    https://www.ceg-hardcorecustom.com/...pascal-geforce-gtx-1070-sli-1080-vr-ready-mxm

Now this is a big difference of 400 euros. However I am bit skeptical about buying from CEG given the mixed reviews about them. mySN however seems to have a better reputation. I have contacted them asking for some discount offers, waiting for a reply.

What is your expert opinion ? Do you have recent experience with either of these companies to share with ? Also, any suggestions regarding the configuration are also most welcome.

Thanks in advance !

2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    in the end i would go with the warranty needs that you have. mySn offers 3 years extended warranty, which CEG does not. so if you can live with 2 years then go ahead with CEG :) all in all, there are both bad and good reviews for both vendors, but nothing i would consider as so bad as to not recommend either of them.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Rynaus likes this.
  3. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Please see the first part of my review to understand why it is important to get a Clevo laptop from a Prema Partner. I recommend HIDevolution as they offer factory delidded CPUs and guaranteed factory overclocking in addition to the fastest RAM options and latest SSDs....

if you email donald@hidevolution.com , you can get a discount as well

EVOC P870DM3 Review by Phoenix

Another great reseller who is now a Prema Partner with exceptional customer service is LPC-Digital

ole!!! and Rynaus like this.
  4. Krowe

Krowe Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Seconded on mySN, great people to deal with. They're very no nonsense people, classic German approach.

5. Rynaus

Reputations:
    I had the same feeling. Thanks for your opinion m8 :)

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

6. Rynaus

Reputations:
    I have thought about this. However since I live in Germany, I would like to purchase from within the EU to avoid international warranty hassles. Thanks for the information :)

7. Rynaus

Reputations:
    I too have read more positive reviews about them. They're also cool to talk to on the phone, when and if I can get hold of them. I have been talking to them about my new laptop for the past 2 weeks. Sometimes they ask me to send an email and I have done so a few times, not even a single reply. Then I have to try on the phone several times. Typical German bureaucracy ;) As we say here, customer support in Germany is non-existent. So you see, I'm a bit skeptical about mySN despite their good reviews.

jaybee83 likes this.
  8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    theres always dream machines over in poland, they are a prema partner if youre interested :)

Sent from my Huawei Mate 8 NXT-AL10

Rynaus, Spartan and Prema like this.
  9. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    @Rynaus I had a look at your specification and got €4,100 for the XMG U727 vs €3,905.58 for the CEG version - same spec as in your OP. Maybe you have Windows on there as well or something further, but the price difference looks to be €200 rather than the €400 mentioned. I'll let this conversation play out as impartial feedback from other members here will benefit you more, but I will point out that one of the other benefits you get from XMG is that we do all our RMA and servicing in house rather than outsourcing it. This means that you'll only need to talk to us throughout the whole warranty period and of course we are always here once the warranty has expired to help resolve any issues and sort any faults out.

Rynaus and jaybee83 like this.
  10. clevo-extreme

clevo-extreme Company Representative

Reputations:
    pay more and don't ask :vbthumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.