Clevo P751TM1-G / P750TM1-G (iX-9X00K, RTX 20X0) vs Windows 7

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Freeman Black Mesa King, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Freeman Black Mesa King

Freeman Black Mesa King Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I'm planning to get Clevo P751TM1-G with 9700K/9900K and RTX 2080 in the nearest future, and now trying to find out whether Windows 7 will be fully functional on it or not (in other words if all required drivers are available).

I have already found the 1-year-old solution for getting Windows 7 fully functional on the older series of P870TM and P775TM (8th gen CPU, GTX 10X0) with help of installing Asus Rog Maximus X Hero/Strix Z370 motherboard drivers:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/how-to-install-windows-7-on-p775tm.811510/
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...lounge-phoenix-4.809589/page-37#post-10641931

Does anyone know if this solution will also work with the newer Clevo PxxxTM1 series, in particular the Clevo P751TM1-G with 9700K/9900K and RTX 20X0? Has anyone already got such laptop configuration and tried this solution?

steberg likes this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Well the motherboard is no different, it's just down to the GPU.

3. Freeman Black Mesa King

Reputations:
  4. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    IIRC, it's typically the USB 3.0, NVMe, and chipset drivers that cause hang-ups due to lack of native support in Win 7. The NVidia driver shouldn't give you any grief. :vbsmile:

jaybee83 likes this.
  5. Freeman Black Mesa King

Reputations:
    Looks like most of the things are in place.
    NVMe support updates are already built into my custom Win7 image, plus Samsung drivers for 970EVO for Win7 are available in case if smth goes wrong.
    USB 3.0 and chipset should be possible set up with the solution mentioned in the first post (but again not 100% sure if it still works for the newest P751TM1-G with the 9th gen stuff, but really hope that Meaker@Sager is right, this laptop is an expensive purchase that I'm planning to keep for years, so really worrying about this).
    And so far it looks like finding the Intel Wifi AC 9260 driver is a problem, at least for now. In the worst case if it doesn't appear in the nearest future, I could possibly replace it with the AC 8265, but that's more of a workaround than a solution. :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Papusan, steberg and jaybee83 like this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The wifi cards are pretty cheap.

7. Freeman Black Mesa King

Reputations:
    I've finally received my new laptop with i9-9900K and RTX 2080.
    Sadly, I don't manage to install VGA driver, even though it is for Windows 7.
    Have tried many different versions from 411.63 to 419.67, every time I try to run installation the installer says "This NVIDIA driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".
    Has anyone managed to install the RTX driver on Windows 7? If yes, where can I find it?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    steberg likes this.
  8. j3rwin

j3rwin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    As for the issue with lack of Windows 7 drivers on newer 9 series Intel WiFi cards, I bought a Killer 1535 instead, which I like better than the Intels anyway.

Killer_Networking likes this.
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The 8xxx series from Intel is pretty much functionally identical too.