Clevo P751dm-g Egpu or gtx1060/70 upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Thedoktor84, Nov 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Perhaps this thread will help explain it better - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-n950tp6-n957tp6.812481/page-29#post-10808621 . I'm not saying you have to like it, but only trying to explain how it works. The key is finding a reseller that supports the laptop they sold you.

2. Thedoktor84

Thedoktor84 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  3. jclausius

Reputations:
    I'm not up to speed on the Italian marketplace, but from a "Prema Mod" point of view, it looks like there's ClevoCenter in Portugal and DreamMachines in Poland would do. And I now @Ultra Male (who is in the Middle East) always recommends the Global Warranty and works with HIDevolution in the United States. Another US Prema Partner is LPC-Digital, but I do not know how well they do with shipping overseas.

And I'm sure there are other European (and others may opine), but Obsidian-PC in Portugal and XMG in German come to mind in Europe. Also there's this thread - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-resellers-in-the-european-union-v1.652403/ that may help you find someone that can help with future support issues with your laptop.

4. Thedoktor84

Reputations:
    Buy a notebook outside your country, it's not always a good idea, for different reason, the first one is time fixing, wich in many case u can wait even weeks, different story if you buy on your local reseller wich can even give to you another notebook in the meanwhile

5. Thedoktor84

Reputations:
    Here it is:

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Cheers for that, you can see the fuller picture of the eGPU now, you get performance, it's not a total waste there just a penalty particularly in certain games.

I hope you enjoy the setup.

7. Thedoktor84

Reputations:
    there is a performance drop, especially on FHD when i play on WHQD it's even better, more the resolution\detail is high less is the performance drop, anyways it's always better than gtx1060mxm for different reason

1) usually the egpu 1070 perform better then any gtx1060mxm in some case even 100% better
    2) it's plug and play, very easy
    3) it's upgradable even with a future RTX3080TI 24gb vram (0 problem)
    4) my notebook temperature it's DRAMATICALLY lower by a lot

8. jclausius

Reputations:
    My post above contains a link to European Clevo resellers. Maybe there's one closer if you're having problems with your current reseller.

In regards to outside your country, my guess is that opinions may vary on this (hint for @Ultra Male to talk about his experience). However, going with a local reseller which gives you Zero support doesn't make sense either.

Good luck to you.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Ultra Male likes this.
  9. Thedoktor84

Reputations:
    DELL or HP it's like nutella, clevo it's like sh*t, same color same consistency, different flavours

10. jclausius

Reputations:
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Thedoktor84 likes this.