Clevo p750dm's gtx 980m for alienware 17 ranger compatability ?

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by brajesh143, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    @brajesh143 ,

You can use the Clevo 980M it works perfectly we all AW17 users are using that There are 2 other options aslo but didn't get a chance to run them or see a person here running those (MSI / Dell 980Ms also exist).

Next is yes as brother Dewy said you need other screws for setting it up, I also use different screws for my existing setup, Also remember the heatsink is a tight fit with the Clevo X brace compatible screws just 1 rotation would be enough.

Coming to GPU upgrade this post should help you with most - It's a cheatsheet ;):cool:, TL;DR - Using 60Hz with 980M is not biggie just install the driver in the PEG mode and you are good to use the dedicated mode only with both Win8.1 and 10 while on 7 you only should stay on Optimus (Recommended - All Drivers either PEG or Optimus must be installed which are modified by brother J95 from T|I)

P.S - That price tag for 980M is too much why don't you try to ask @woodzstack instead for Shipping to India with better price maybe he could help you, He also provides support via PM and his cards are quality tested, Plus a bit of extra icing on the cake if you are an NBR user.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    brajesh143 and MogRules like this.
  2. MahmoudDewy

MahmoudDewy Gaming Laptops Master Race!

Reputations:
    Set legacy boot off and boot off of UEFI if you were on legacy boot anyway, pop the card in and voila it is over :D

You will find a super detailed guide on this subforum

brajesh143 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.