Clevo p650RS-G hard crashing

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Adobo9, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hopefully it's gets turned around nice and quick for you.

2. Legion343

Legion343 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Go RMA dead GPU they will change entire board without problems (worked for me)

3. Ciellia

Ciellia Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok, not sure if you still need help, but I have a year-and-a-half old P650RS (6700hq, 1070) that had the same issues: 100% fine when not gaming, but as soon as stresses from AAA games kick in, the system would go BSOD, or just reboot in case of using discrete mode.

After multiple unsuccessful attempt of fixing it myself, and refused my reseller whom asked me 1200$+2*98$ to replace the entire motherboard, I brought the system home, downloaded MSI Afterburner, and underclocked the GPU core frequency by -198 and memory by -500mhz just for the sake of try, and.. to my surprise, the issue was gone, the system is now working as smooth as before, so far no BSOD or blackscreen has yet occurred.

I asked a friend of mine, he said that it's simply because clevo system cannot maintain the power requirement for full-power gtx 1070, so whenever as the power demand for GPU is not met, the whole system would just shut down due to sudden stutter of GPU. I'm not sure if this is actually the reason, but underclock the GPU memory does resolve the issue, so yeah...

Hope it helps

4. aIex

aIex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why and who would ask money for repairing faulty laptop that's still under warranty? This history should be followed up, and the reseller called by name as a warning for others.

5. Ciellia

Ciellia Newbie

Reputations:
    Hmm, it only had one year of warranty, by the time the GPU broke it's already been a year and half :S

6. aIex

aIex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh, well... I thought 2 years is minimum for laptops.

7. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thats in EU, US guys and other countries only have 1 year of warranty, longer than that, needs to be paid.

8. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It depends a lot on the manufacture as well. Some offer 2 years standard, some is a 1 year. It is always best to check your order carefully about warranty info.

9. jKyro

jKyro Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem with my clevo p650rs-g. Been giving me BSOD’s for different reasons every time I try to play a game since January 2017. I’ve tried EVERYTHING and there have been probably 150 emails with tech support at HIDevolution to try to fix it. I even sent it back and they “couldn’t duplicate the issue” of course. Now it’s doing it randomly on top of when I try to game. I’ve spent more time trying to fix this computer than I have actually using it. Finally told them this week they sold me a $2200 lemon and I wanted a refund. I was deployed most of last year and could only send it back once and Donald, they’re big boss man, told me I needed to “suck it up” because it was past warranty. So here I am with an expensive POS that doesn’t work half the time and they don’t want to do right by me and just give me a refund for the trash they sold me.

Long story short... if you ever have issues get the RMA ASAP and get a replacement.

10. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    What errors are you getting? I had a short bout with BSODs but managed to deal with mine. In my case, doing the OS updates to 1803 broke a few drivers, including the Intel GPU driver, and I had to reinstall all my drivers from MSHYBRID mode to get everything rectified.

11. jKyro

jKyro Newbie

Reputations:
    It’s been BSOD’s every time I try to game since I bought it. Then randomly on other application. IRQL’s, memory management, syntp, nvdllkm or whatever it is, ntoskrnl and more. I’ve updated/rolled back every Driver, run memtest, disabled things in the registry, uninstalled softwares, reinstalled windows, ran sfc scan, used driver verifier, completely disabled G-sync (which I bought it for) and each thing seems to help sometimes a little bit, but after a while it’s something new. Just tried fresh installing my nvidia driver and underclocking the GPU a little bit to see if there is any change but there isn’t much hope.

The company I bought it from basically said your warranty is expired, the most we’ll do is give you a free diag if you send it back but everything else is on you. I don’t usually try to use the “I’m in the military” card for much but I was gone all last year so I’m just really frustrated by this experience and will never purchase from them again.