]]>

Clevo P650HP6-G (ish) overheating problem

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Enver Kaan Eris, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Enver Kaan Eris

Enver Kaan Eris Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I've a Monster Tulpar T7 v10.1 which is very similar to Clevo P650HP6-G. The only differences I can spot from the pictures and the spec sheet is that mine has fingerprint sensor and 1080p 75 Hz IPS G-sync capable screen instead of 120 Hz TN panel. Anyways my laptop overheats a lot. GPU gets to 95°c and my cpu gets to 100°c. I've reapplied the thermal paste 4 times but I think the problem is with the fans. Its bottom cover gets ridiculously hot and I can barely feel any air coming out of exhaust ports when the fans are blowing at full speed which shouldn't happen? I think the fans are blowing hot air into case not out of the case. Can something like that happen, I've checked the fan plugs they can only be inserted in one orientation. Also there is no dust build up. I'm lost here.

This is how the cooling solution looks like; https://imgur.com/dZZBz8F
    This is how the bottom cover looks like; https://imgur.com/BKFRXay

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. MahmoudDewy

MahmoudDewy Gaming Laptops Master Race!

Reputations:
    Can you use the (fn + 1) maximum fan combo and test again with elevated backside of the laptop.

3. Enver Kaan Eris

Enver Kaan Eris Newbie

Reputations:
    Fn+f1 controls touchpad in my model. I'm already using max fan speed possible, set it to max in clevo control center. Still getting ridiculously high temps. You said elevated backside, how can I elevate the back side?

4. slimmolG

slimmolG Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you're at 95/100C, I don't think elevation will solve the problem... but, it's a pretty cheap experiment.

Simply get one or two small items that are ~2-3 cm high and put them under the rear of the laptop so it sits at an angle. Anything will work, e.g. set the center-rear section of the laptop on the corner of a thick book. Just make sure whatever you use doesn't block the air intakes at the bottom.

You have two GPU one CPU fan. Are all three fans behaving similarly?

5. Enver Kaan Eris

Enver Kaan Eris Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok I'll try. Yeah all of them behave similarly. I can feel a little air out of exhaust ports when they're at full speed but that's it.

6. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Fn+1, not Fn+F1

7. MahmoudDewy

Reputations:
    Exactly :D. I never said fn + f1.

8. Enver Kaan Eris

Enver Kaan Eris Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah I've misread sorry. But it's still the same. I even underclocked my cpu and gpu and also disabled turbo boost. Still getting 90-95°C cpu and 90-95°C gpu temps. Something is seriously wrong but I can't figure out what.

9. MahmoudDewy

Reputations:
    What thermal paste did you use? On a CLEVO you need something very thick like ICDiamond otherwise you can never keep temps in check.

10. Enver Kaan Eris

Enver Kaan Eris Newbie

Reputations:
    http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/thermal-compound/mastergel/

This is the thermal paste that I've used. It's not the best but it was the best which was available in store. I've also used Noctua NT-H1 in the past. Same thing also happened with that.