Clevo P375SM / Sager NP9390 GPU Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by OH CANADIA!, Oct 28, 2020.

1. OH CANADIA!

OH CANADIA! Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This information came directly from Sager.

If it's P&P would I still need to update my BIOS?

2. OH CANADIA!

Reputations:
    UPDATE:

So the heatsinks for the nVidia and AMD are definitely different.
    I ordered the new heatsink from EuroCom as well as the 980m (from eBay) and got them today :D
    Unfortunately, I have no thermal paste..... So now I have to wait for thermal paste to come.
    In other news I have been trying to upgrade my BIOS and have been in contact with XOTICPC getting the new BIOS. The Zip File they sent me was password protected.... Ended up waiting for a few more days only to find out that the password for the ZIP file was "password" -___-
    So as it turns out, a USB 3.0 Flashdrive will not work for booting and I need a USB 2.0 Drive. So now I have to wait for the USB 2.0 Drive and the Thermal Paste to arrive before I can begin upgrading....

3. OH CANADIA!

Reputations:
    UPDATE:

Tried installing the new BIOS but I got the error message that the BIOS failed to flash. So I am waiting on XOTICPC to help me with this (Sent an email on Thursday and still waiting on a response a week later).

Okay, so I've installed the new GTX 980M with the new heatsink and have now installed the Graphics Card Drivers for it.
    Everything seems to be fine so far. I can control my brightness on the computer with my hotkeys and the Device Manager labels it properly as the GTX 980M.
    Unfortunately, my motherboard and CPU seem to both be running hotter at 89C - 95C.
    Also whenever I try to load up a game, it crashes.
    Not sure what I should do next.