Clevo P375SM-A

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by MahmoudDewy, Nov 12, 2017.

1. MahmoudDewy

MahmoudDewy Gaming Laptops Master Race!

Reputations:
    I had to seal the air leaks in the AW as well, and to be honest in almost every laptop I had or had to work on for a friend. I was 100% I will have to do that on the CLEVO :D

Subwoofer for medium frequencies, and speakers for low? :O

Subwoofers are created for low frequencies, what were they thinking!

You had a 17R1 before? If so then tell me how bad compared to the R1 is it. I really find sound on the R1 disgusting even with the 2 5W speakers.

2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The sound on the R1 is pretty much like the other AW systems. The sound lacks the bass in the lower frequencies the sound on the R1 is rather mushy, it lacks the clarity, other than that the sound is acceptable imo. The Clevo has even less bass, consdering that they don't let their subwoofer do the lows and messed up, the medium tones come 95% from the subwoofer, which is a problem, the quality is ok, but you clearly hear how the sound is coming from the bottom half of the notebook, the highs are a joke, it's tinny. I'm being serious, you know when you buy a really cheap notebook which have terrible speakers? Such as Packard bell and those cheapo ones, that's the sound you can expect from the speakers without subwoofer, If it wasn't for the subwoofer, the sound would be disastrous.

It doesn't distort, but it's so tinny that you literally get a headache from listening to loud music.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sager-Clev...479669?hash=item5d6cb0b975:g:f7gAAOSwA3dYcAQj

Look at that, you got the same speakers. It's a joke.

No box, cheap, tiny, terrible sound, drivers making it even worse.

So in a nutshell:
    R1 > P375SM in terms of speakers. Get external speakers unless you want bleeding ears.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  3. MahmoudDewy

Reputations:
  4. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure Clevo is known to have an abomination of a sound system. I highly doubt anyone who owns a clevo would say anything else.

And yes, when I first saw those speakers when I oppened up my notebook I had to wonder if Onkyo even knew how speakers work.

MahmoudDewy likes this.
  5. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'll be interested in laptop speakers when they can drown out loud fans. Til then even cheap 30 buck closed 40mm driver headphones are better imo.

6. MahmoudDewy

Reputations:
    Yeah I rarely use laptop speakers unless it is the occasional movie night with my GF or with friends. I find all laptop speakers disgusting, but still there should always be a minimum quality for these things.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The bigger machine can have some decent sounding ones like our NP9877 :)

8. MahmoudDewy

Reputations:
    That is one beast of a machine :D one would assume as much.