Clevo P370sm-a fan and graphics card problem

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by KuroSan, Feb 22, 2018.

1. KuroSan

KuroSan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    sorry, i meant I²C interface.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The EC monitors a variety of signals from different components, it's indeed not just a simple single sensor.

3. Kostasgreece

Kostasgreece Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    you measured the graphics card? it is shorted anywhere? I have a 980m shorted on voltage regulator and 1 mosfet burned. I would try to fix it. what did you see between coils and ground?

4. KuroSan

Reputations:
    from inductors (Coils) to ground is 0.1 ohm. what is the voltage regulator for you? with my card's behavior i suspected the up1642 ic to be malfunctioning.
    take a look at this:

Attached Files:

5. Kostasgreece

Reputations:
    yes the regulator is the same. when I removed it the shorted circuit go away. I measure and two mosfets csd87350 one of them is shorted. now I be waiting from China for new mosfet and voltage regulator. I measure now coils and ground and it is 0.8 at beeper. your card's voltage line is shorted? it is the first line on the right

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Depending on where you are places like Digikey are great for getting chips.

7. KuroSan

Reputations:
    @Kostasgreece

what is your cards behavior? 22 beeps, black screen, sometimes working, code 43 in device manager?

be careful when you measure the 87350 - result is only reliable when they are completely discharged. it's more easy to measure the pci express connector for a short.
    the large contact in the right(top view) are 7-20V input rail and should read about 6Kohm - check polarity before. if it's a lot less there could be a short in mosfets. if you have already removed them simply put your finger on the contacts for a second - your bodys resistance will discharge them quickly - then measuring will be more reliable.

@Meaker@Sager

yes, those places are great,but very expensive. i tried to buy these mosfets here in germany, but most shops don't sell them - only mouser but they wanted around 20€ delivery for 5 pieces which is
    ridiculous.
    the chinese parts are working good, and are cheap with a price of 2$ a piece with no extra delivery cost you can't go wrong if you have the time to wait.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You just have to be careful regarding genuine parts.

9. Kostasgreece

Reputations:
    no my card stop working and for 3 seconds stop in the same picture,after that all the system close and when the card is on the laptop was shorted and do not opening the system. I found the first line from the right shorted. when i desolder the up1642p and the other mosfet is not shorted anymore the line. i hope my card was ok after that.

10. Kostasgreece

Reputations:
    i found the parts from China (aliexp) . in my country Greece is very difficult to found everything like that.