Clevo P1x0HM users with 7970M/680M - Ordered? Installed? OCed? Lets have it! :)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by jaybee83, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    Alright gang, the thread title should be quite clear as to whats up :)
    I want a show of hands: Who of you HM users has ordered a nextgen card? Anyone got a card already installed? If so, how is it going? OCed yet?

Also: First one to get his hands on a 7970M should try to dump the modded vBIOS so the rest of us would have more freedom in chosing our vendors when purchasing a card :)

So lets see whos gonna breathe some new life into their HM beast ;)

cheers

PS: sorry, almost forgot :p So after unsuccessfully trying with Eurocom and Mythlogic i now placed my order with R&J Tech for a 7970M, lets see how that goes :)

pachipin likes this.
  2. Tmets

Tmets De-evolving to Amoeba

Reputations:
    notebookbarebone.de has them for 449euros by the way. Don't know about modded vbios.

3. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    ive seen that offer and its indeed a good pricing! only problem: its just the bare card without heatsink, x-bracket and matching screws :(

with mythlogic it would have been around 450€ including shipping and import tax, unfortunately ive tried to get an invoice from them for three weeks before giving up. with R&J Tech its about 50-60€ more, but thats still alright :) at least i was able to order directly through their website and even choose P150HM as a compatibility option :)

4. Tmets

Tmets De-evolving to Amoeba

Reputations:
    Didn't notice it was only the bare card. If you don't need the heatsink, its worth a look for those going from a 6970/6990.

5. Tonrac

Tonrac Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @jaybee83: I 'm a little affraid about Vat. Price don't include VAT and ups will charge on delivery.
    And on rjtech we don't know if they have produvt in stock or only preorder.

6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    they dont add the american VAT when u order outside of the US. thats what the import tax is for (in my case 19% german tax), and i included that in my calculations already :) u have a point@in stock vs. preorder but since other vendors are getting in their stocks these days it should be safe to assume that it wouldnt take R&J too long before they got theirs in, too (if they havent already got them, that is) :)

7. sformasforma

sformasforma Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    R&J Tech - last thurday live chat - stock for 7970m and finishing 680m tests.

Also considering 7970m import for Europe.

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    oh nice! thanks for the info mate :)

9. kolias

kolias Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    hi mates,i order already the card from myth and im waiting this week to come in my hands(lol)-so im going to post some benches here when it comes

10. jessi3k3

jessi3k3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I contacted Sager a week or two ago and they quoted me $430 + shipping. They said shipping perhaps end of June so they may be shipping now. I did not bite for a 7970m just yet since I am not in a state where I could receive packages just yet, otherwise I would have ordered a 7970m by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.