Clevo P150HM/Sager NP8150 BIOS issue with SSD drives

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by jaybee83, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natadiem

Natadiem Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I didn't find any for C400, so I suppose this is the latest one.

2. Thisisalamp

Thisisalamp Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up! Getting my C300 next week :)

3. JosephThaiNguyen

JosephThaiNguyen Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just got my laptop yesterday and this also doesn't work with OCZ Agility 2. It would sometime see the SSD in the bios. I notice my Bios firmware is 1.0.1.07LSI. Must be a new one they are shipping with. I'm going to try to downgrade to 1.0.1.04 and see if that works normally.

4. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    oh uve gotta be kidding me... i slowly get the feeling that the P150HM is a bit y when it comes to SSD drives! :confused: at least theres a fix for that already... curious to know how the new SF 2200 drives are gonna perform on it.

keep us posted!

5. JosephThaiNguyen

Reputations:
    Okay i just downgraded to 1.0.1.04 from 1.0.1.07 boots from my SSD fine now. Hopefully this gets fix in the newer bios. I'm going to email my reseller and clevo about this issue.

6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    1.01.04 seems the way to go, found it working fine for me as well (as compared to 1.01.06)

7. JosephThaiNguyen

Reputations:
    Downgrading the bios did help but still once in a while I still can not boot properly. So its still not stable yet. But its more stable then 1.0.1.06. I also notice a green pixel that is stuck on my LCD!
    Trying to run software to get it unstuck. I notice my top case has some stains in the plastic.

I was so excited about this laptop I order it in Feb 7. I sold my g73jh to buy this. Thinking it would Arrive before Mar 14. Since I start my software devolpment class then. Instead I am stuck with laptop does not fuction well. Boots when it wants too. Stuck pixel. Blemish on the top case. I even called Xoticpc.com for tech support but they said I was not in their system. So He told me to call back on monday. Whats worst is i'm so behind my software class. I think I have to end up re-taking and paying extra.

Im going to switch going back to standard hard drive for school.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Jaybee83 let me know how stable it runs and good luck.

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    sucks to be you my friend! i can totally understand ur anger, id react just the same way.

i downgraded several days back and it didnt have any issues since. 1.01.04 was also the stock BIOS it came with and the problems only started when i flashed to the new 1.01.06 revision. the new EC works fine tho, so i left it on.

cheers

9. ed29a

ed29a Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same issue with Vertex 2. After every power on I have to do a reset for SSD to be recognized. Happens will factory and updated bios.

10. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thisisalamp,

That link for the C300 Disk Freeze is also interesting. Thanks for posting.

FWIW, I've had a C300 (flashed to 0006 upon arrival). Installed the Intel RST drivers in December. I've now seen a couple of posts regarding the lockup (but perhaps it is not hitting me as the Clevo x7200 runs chipset x58)

In any case, within my registry, the only "enabled" item is LPMDSTATE. All the other parameters on all ports are zeroed out.

Perhaps the different chipsets have different default values? In any case, the C300 has been a wonderful drive on the x7200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.