CLEVO P150EM Screen brightness issue

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by eyek, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just saw your reply, I didn't see it before my prior post. As you can see I did everything I could think of including every suggestion you had. I can't wrap my hea around this, and I can't understand why the display options on the power options doesn't show anything but the one selection "Turn off after." This is frustrating.

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    A screenshot will be helpful!
    EDIT: Run unhide power options using this bat file https://gist.github.com/Nt-gm79sp/1f8ea2c2869b988e88b4fbc183731693

ferris209 likes this.
  3. eyek

eyek Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Fix.jpg
    Going into this option here and changing it from "NONE" to "1 (LOW)" then finally allowed me to start changing my brightness on the fly.
    Let me know how you get on and remember to obviously press Apply.

WOOPS I just read through and you mention that you actually do not even see these options.. My bad! Sorry.

ferris209 likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Adaptive brightness might need ambient light sensor to auto brightness change based on luminosity value calculated by ALS.

ferris209 likes this.
  5. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Windows Update is also providing current Intel driver. I just redid my whole setup so I can use Intel DCH and NVIDIA DCH packages.

ferris209 likes this.
  6. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks guys! I went ahead and decided to re-install again last night, so we'll see. For now it's working again, but after I install anything, I test it and see what happens. Thanks!

7. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm not even going to attempt to install any updated NV drivers or Intel, just whatever I get from MS will work, as long as I can still dim and brighten my display matters more to me than the latest greatest brokenest drivers available. I don't really game at all on my laptop anyways.

8. Khenglish

Khenglish Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you at least set brightness with the keys before Windows loads, and then Windows sticks with whatever you had set? I was doing that for a while. It means you need to reboot whenever you want to change the brightness, but it's something.

9. Buendiger

Buendiger Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there, i just found this thread because i'm having the exact same issue, and by exact i mean exact. My p150em worked absolutely fine but just 2 days ago i realised that i cannot change the brightness anymore, no matter what i tried. After a clean reinsallation of windows it worked fine until i updated some drivers. My guess is that the most recent nvidia driver is causing the issue for me, however rollbacking or using ddu doesn't work. The only fix for me is reinstalling fresh windows everytime the bug occurs. I'd love to hear a solution for this issue. I will install ubuntu now and see how that works. If any of you guys finds a solution, please let me know here.

symy17 likes this.
  10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The nvidia gpu is not driving your display. Focus on the Intel drivers which are.