Clevo P150EM/P170EM Sager NP9150/9170 backlit keyboard driver beta testers needed

Discussion in 'Linux Compatibility and Software' started by klystron34, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klystron34

klystron34 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh, I forgot to mention. My bluetooth is always on, too. I actually have sent the code to turn it off and the LED flickers off for about half a second then comes back on. I'm baffled by that one.

2. pete.h

pete.h Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm fine with either, as long as it is a git repo :)
    But maybe a sourceforge project would be nice, then we could add some files/programms to control the keyboard from userspace.

Yeah I remember now, it keeps the state until the machine turns off...
    Another issue is, that when the machine wakes up from standby (under Linux) the keyboard stays unlit.

Hm... how odd. I went back to 3.5.0 because of the BT issue. Sounds like the next thing to look into ;)
    BTW, that's the bug report, where I found out about the brightness keys issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1041116

3. klystron34

Reputations:
    If a pattern is turned on the LEDs come back when waking from sleep. If it's just a set color they do not. I'll have to register a callback for wake from sleep in the driver and have it send the last written value.

4. pete.h

Reputations:
    I created a bug on that issue:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1131976

5. pete.h

Reputations:
    @klystron34, which wlan/bluetooth module do you have? I have an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235.

6. klystron34

Reputations:
    I have the bigfoot killer one. I'm almost done with the driver. I will create a project and also include the decoded MOF in it and the DSDT dissambler in the check in.

7. klystron34

Reputations:
    Guys I created a sourceforge repository for my work so far at https://sourceforge.net/p/clevo-wmi

This includes my notes on the kbled pattern, a simple readme, the DSDT dump, and the MOF header.

If your kernel source is in /usr/src/linux it should just build. Note that you will need to ensure CONFIG_ACPI_WMI is enabled in your kernel.

For beginners, you can interface with the device from the command line through the sysfs interface. So for example, echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/clevo_wmi/kbled/random will turn on the random flicker pattern. Read the readme!:)

8. pete.h

Reputations:
    Works here, module build like a charm (3.6.11 kernel)

My keyboard is green,red,white and fading... :D

Thanks for the Work! :)

9. pete.h

Reputations:
    Your latest commit to restore the value after wakeup works too :)

10. klystron34

Reputations:
    Awesome. Thanks. :) Take a look at the header file in the docs directory. You can try using some of those values and play with things like bluetooth disable.

Gentoo just dumped me a 3.79 kernel so I'll have to cehck that out when I'm not so busy with work/homework.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.