Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
  2. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox Congratz on the new achievement!

jaybee83, Papusan, Mr. Fox and 4 others like this.
  3. afloyd

afloyd Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. lctalley0109

lctalley0109 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well I had some issues so did not get to try out memtest86+. Formatted a 3.72gb usb drive to fat 32 using the full format first then installed memtest86+ USB installer using the format in the program launcher as well and the USB would not boot when I switched the boot options in the bios. Then I tried with the .iso. Burned it to the USB and it still would not boot from the USB. The USB shows up in the bios but will not boot to memtest86+. Are there any additional settings that must be changed inside the bios.

5. afloyd

afloyd Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Strange... It should work setting it from the BIOS.

You could try setting it up to boot from a USB drive in the "Advanced Startup Options" of Windows (depending on your windows version).... http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

EDIT: Also make sure your USB drive is bootable: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Create-a-Bootable-USB-Drive-Without-Using-A/

lctalley0109 likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    When you say it will not boot, do you get an error of some type, or it just skips over it and boots the OS, or what exactly? You are pressing F7 and selecting the UEFI USB Partition 1 from the menu? Then what happens? You're not using Secure Boot cancer poot, right?

lctalley0109 likes this.
  7. lctalley0109

Reputations:
    Tried that and it did not work just booted to windows. Went back in and installed my windows recovery USB and it worked fine. Tried with the USB with memtest86+ and I got "repoot and select a proper boot device". It is showing up in the bios as a "Lexar" which is the name of this USB but wont boot. Must be doing something wrong; however, I tried installing it again and it did not work. I also tried it on a different USB before this one last night so don't think it is the USB drive.

8. lctalley0109

Reputations:
    F7 gives me options for windows boot manager or to go into the bios. Once in the bios I have options for windows boot manager and the usb. When setting usb first and windows boot manager 2nd it boots to windows. When setting the USB as the only choice to boot I get "reboot and select a proper device"

afloyd and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Try a different USB stick. If you have one, use an old slow USB 2.0 flash drive. Don't reformat it. Just let the tool that comes with Memtest86 do all the work. Some of the newest USB sticks are useless for anything but Windows-based flash storage due to proprietary partitioning schemes.

The USB drive is not bootable, or you would see it in the F7 menu. That's the problem right there. Refer to my comments above (in this same post).

Johnksss, afloyd and lctalley0109 like this.
  10. lctalley0109

Reputations:
    Does the size of the USB matter? As long as it is formatted for Fat32 it should work correct?