Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Scerate, ole!!! and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    waiting for tweaking / mem training details ;) how stable is it? which kit are u rocking again? did u use thaiphoon burner? in any case, pretty amazing stuff, I am impressed!!!

jc_denton and Scerate like this.
  3. jc_denton

jc_denton Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Reputations:
    You're not! I'll have to keep a .txt file so no one is missed in the tags :p

Well it gave me quite a scare last night, it crashed once during a baseline TS run and wouldn't come back. Even after full cmos reset and complete teardown. Had to reseat the cpu today, and she's back :) Thinking I might have slightly changed the ihs to the left instead it being perfectly centered when I checked the LM application last week. Thus pressure was not centered correct.

This is with the 4000Mhz cl19-23-23-45 kit. 3600 would only play at 1.25v, no additional voltages were changed. And no XMP tweaking w/ Thaiphoon burner.

I'll do a proper write up later today, just gotta put her back together for now.

4. Scerate

Scerate Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    upload_2019-12-7_13-12-46.png

I think i can do 4000 with proper Settings, this is the 8700k @ 5ghz i know i know it's nothing groundbreaking with the 9900k in existence but i still wanted to show. Temps were at about 90-93 °C tho with auto fans and 1.23-1.26v, stock bios is trash tho, i dunno why but throttlestop seems to be working only at <40-47x multiplier range setting above that just got ignored and capped out at x47, to get 5ghz dialed in i had to go into bios and set the cores to 50 manually + it seemed to force -100mv every reboot only fix was to set -1 instead of 0 as offset value

Papusan and jc_denton like this.
  5. jc_denton

Reputations:
    Nice scores bro Scerate! And auto fans at 5Ghz?! Madness. I remember that -100mV bug, it's been there ever since 9900k bios.

Ram training tips:

I initially reached out to brother @Johnksss about guidance breaking 3400.
    He wrote this:
    I would do:
    nvram reset > set custom profile, keep timings and stock 1.2v > train > full shutdown from windows > go up a multiplier add voltage > train > full shutdown... etc

After further exploration I found that voltage was key. And that I could directly train from 3467Mhz instead, so long as voltage was 1.2-1.3v and not touching the timings.

So the new strat was this:
    nvram reset > set custom profile at x13 multi, keep timings and stock 1.2v > train > full shutdown from windows > add ODD clock and raise voltage to 1.25v > train = 3600Mhz (133ref*13multi*2+133odd)

I found that using 100 ref clock does not work well for this it would train but reset on reboot, so keep it at 133. Downside so far is that the moment you change anything in the timings, it wont train. I've tried many variations of the above strat with voltage before and after changing the timings, vdimm voltage range from 1.2 to 1.45v etc. But as I mentioned above, the pressure was off the CPU so things might have been compromised and I would have to retest. Oh, and it worked with MRC Fastboot=on! So once it trained ,it was solid.

Not sure what gets borked the moment you touch the timings. Prema also gave invaluable advice on the strat.

3600Mhz validation, so far 3600 only trains at 1.2-1.25v
    https://valid.x86.fr/9hc9m3

It's likely not very stable.. but it passed FS.. with a lower score than my 3333 CL14.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    jaybee83, Papusan and Scerate like this.
  6. Scerate

Reputations:
    Yeah but i think that's more than the limit of the TM1 cooling, that's why i get that the bigger bro 870TM exists, if i include the 2080 now in a gaming scenario then i will definitely throttle for days

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    It’s a feature, bruh:D And it has been here a lot longer:p

Scerate. Nice score.

jc_denton and Scerate like this.
  8. jc_denton

Reputations:
    Haha, I think that -100mV only appeared once I updated the bios on my p775tm1. Must've had some ancient bios on there!

Btw, I've updated my post for those interested in breaking 3400Mhz.

9. Scerate

Reputations:
    Never saw that on my DM3 but honestly i had stock bios only for 1 month max on that :D

I dunno honestly but i have 1.07.27 right now on there, but it's extremely locked down like a ultra stock barebones version, on the dm3 i had a slightly updated one from XMG with some settings unlocked already

10. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So, I found out what the problem is guys. I had my TDP max wattage set to like 100-120 watts. I didn't realize my CPU was actually pulling over 126 watts during a R15 run! So, I set my 80806K to 4.9Ghz and ran the test again with my TDP wattage at 135watts. Finally broke 1,600.

I highly doubt ill ever exceed 135TDP. And, I know I know ill get HWinfo back. im using my phone to hotspot to my laptop. limited home internet access where I live. After reinstalling windows, it has been tough restoring all of my stuff and redownloading everything.

I am temp limited now. I am back on regular thermal paste. "Kryonaut" so temps are not as good as before.

[​IMG]
    post pics

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019