Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Mar 4, 2016.

1. cq842000

cq842000 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It does for LAN parties and HTPC, however this will never be sitting on my lap, nor will its sole function be media consumption. This is a desktop replacement, as such it is already a small form factor, but part of a different paradigm. Adding an LCS box to a liquid cooled notebook is no more strange than adding an eGPU to an aging or underpowered laptop, or tablet in the Surface Pro's case.

The beauty of it is that it is all modular. Everything I've done is 100% reversible, and I can use the same LCS box to cool my Hong Yeng 4.5kPsi compressor, or a liquid cooled spindle for my CNC, etc. Its all hooked up via quick disconnect, so it's as easy as pop and go.

I would also like to state that SFF PCs are cool, but severely limited. Aside from having built almost a hundred PCs over the years, you're talking to a fella that crammed an R9 290X into an Alienware A51 SFF PC, which was a bit of a nightmare, but served to grant me the epiphany of understanding the term "intended usage".

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    raz8020, MiSJAH and bennyg like this.
  2. Mapl

Mapl Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I like the idea.

I wonder: Would a custom made cpu or gpu bracket and a retail aio cooler be easy to apply ?

If this would be easy and nice to connect the power, do some fan control, has a nice solution for the bottom cover and will have a high quality bracket to mount it, then this is very interesting.

cq842000 likes this.
  3. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Works great for my hybrid setup.

I'd be interested in an enclosure since the bodged together temporary job I have looks like @$$. 240V to molex power adapter cabletied to the top of the rad and the pump+res stuck on with hot glue lol

cq842000 likes this.
  4. cq842000

Reputations:
    Here is the link to my design, if anyone is interested. Keep in mind that this is a first phase prototype. I'm printing it right now to test for fitment and function. Free to download, free to print if you own a 3d printer, if not, you can have it printed for you, though not for free.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3554910

bennyg and jaybee83 like this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It does take away from the pickup and go aspect though.

6. cq842000

Reputations:
    I can respect that, but still way more "pick up and go" than a traditional desktop, especially if you have any experience with MountainMods cases.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I was thinking more the ghost s1 with the two top hats for dual 240mm radiators.

cq842000 likes this.
  8. cq842000

Reputations:
    Hmmm, I see what you are saying...

9. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  10. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Wonder if they were able to increase TDP further?

It’s a great score, now if only my GPU can die so I can get a better binned one LOL jk :rolleyes:

Actually that scores seems possible with the 200W AW vBIOS.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    MiSJAH likes this.