Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Mar 4, 2016.

1. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    thats normally correct, except it is the same workload and its not just twice i tested. more like 10s of times and results are consistent.

my guess with ac/dc at default intel value, it is using voltage more than it should at place where its not necessary. going by anandtech's article, it should use the least amount of voltage because highest voltage peak is only occur when heavy load just finishes, where rest doesnt need that high of a voltage, strange that isnt what im observed.

2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Since there is no Vcore sensor, we don't know what is really happening.

Vistar Shook and ole!!! like this.
  3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    yea so i went with the lowest temp from my manual test result. gotta believe in my own eyeballs over some article.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I believe the P870 TM1 has a "Vcore" reading (at least I saw it say "Vcore" in CPU-Z rather than "VID") but it's STILL linked to VID directly rather than separated when using override (manual) voltage--at least I THINK it is.

Anyone with a P870 TM1 check that "Vcore" is reported the same as "VID"? does HWinfo64 show "Vcore" anything on the P870 TM1 or just "VID"? Or are do they show them both but they are the same value?

On desktop motherboards, when you change vcore in the bios to a fixed value, it completely ignores and overrides what the VID is. Also, "Loadine Calibration" functions directly on the CPU Vcore VRM's. IA AC DC Loadline functions on the VID.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My CPU-Z says Core VID, I know some others say Core Voltage but I believe that is still VID.

Every other software also only monitors VID, with the exception of HWMonitor, which when using override voltage has an IA Voltage in addition to VID. IA Voltage is always 30mV above the override voltage and never changes, so when set to 1.175V it shows 1.205V for example. HWiNFO64 and ThrottleStop read the override voltage correctly but only monitor VID.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  6. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i trust TS and hwinfo a lot more than cpuz. cpuz has its own purpose but it just cant be compared and trusted like TS/hwinfo.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's all just the VID or you can think of this as the requested voltage from the vrm.

8. aaronne

aaronne Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's not a think, it is real.

The (ia ac/dc) and all LLC controls affect the voltage transition on vrm, so we can assume on this also.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_line_(electronics)
    upload_2018-12-5_7-32-58.png

Quote from tweaktown:
    "There is also an "Internal LLC" setting which we will not touch and leave auto, but if your VCore is dropping too much under you might want to also set internal to turbo to see if it gets better."
    more: https://www.tweaktown.com/guides/8812/gigabyte-z390-9th-gen-oc-guide-vrm-thermal-test/index4.html

FTW_260 likes this.
  9. artpra

artpra Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys what's going on with @Prema?
    I'm trying to get in touch with him about my new KM1 over here via PM and directly on Gmail and he's been radio silence for quite some time now.

FTW_260 and JCordero31 like this.
  10. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations: