Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Mar 4, 2016.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I can't. Setting it to 1 disables LLC, causing massive Vdroop and instability under load, requiring much higher static voltage to compensate, which in turn exacerbates the throttling.

2. SDarius

SDarius Newbie

Reputations:
    Not quite, at least not without taking the radiator/pump/fans system with it,(of course they can be taken with, so its not that mobile, but still is) as one without but it can be made mobile by alternatively attaching an thin passive radiator at the back via mobile connectors as asus GX 700 and 800 has of course no heavy tasks as gaming video editing or such, but I am at the moment, not interested in moving it around, moreover; in an idle state, browsing and lightweight tasks I could use it detached from the cooling system, cause the water inside the pipes and the thermal innertia of the whole copper plus water, would be enough to keep the cpu/gpu under 90 C I think.
    I can perfectionate the whole, buying an MO RA or Phobya extreme radiator, placing it under the notebook just like the air cooling pads are placed under the notebooks and run it passive, but thats eventually for the future, due to the lack of an interest for the moment.
    As a side note, and off topic theme, I think we are passionate, but involved in bad stuff, cause I am a believer and see signs, feel and know for sure the coming of Christ is near as we should leave the world behind and be passionate about Christ, because we have an whole eternity coming ahead.
    GOD Bless !

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    This is a notebook forum, if you want to wish someone well or God bless etc no problem but leave out the long messages as it's a varied forum with people from all over.

I just cant help once you make the notebook too bulky and awkward it becomes and expensive and cumbersome desktop.

bennyg likes this.
  4. SDarius

SDarius Newbie

Reputations:
    I do not need any help, not in the direction of hardware, as about the remarks, of course everyone has his taste and oppinion, but it has nothing to do in this case with my request or my Bios, Vbios question, concerning bulkyness and a desktop becoming, my nb is long not at that point, cause it still fits in a bag or backpack so portability is still there, of course not for the ones wishing a tablet like hand held or 1-2 kilo pack it under the shirt item.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  5. Robertjan88

Robertjan88 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Maybe something went wrong, but it says that you quote my post, but I didn't write it. :D

6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Try this:

Go to CPU VR Settings->Core I/A Domain.
    Set PS3 to DIsabled.
    Set PS4 to Disabled.

report back.

7. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Both are disabled by default.

8. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    For the record, my first test was ran with 28.10 as shown in the original screen shot.
    This version is 28.5 and no change. I am able to run it before temps kick in.
    prime95-285.PNG

9. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    49x Small FFT on both runs.
    prime95-285-49x.PNG

Blend
    prime95-285-49x-blend.PNG

aaronne likes this.
  10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I see.
    Well judging from @Johnksss 's post, since he can do small FFT FMA3 without throttling, you do have some protection holding you back. Maybe you found a throttling bug that was not removed by prema? Have you tried to contact brother @Prema ?