Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I may have to look into this. Whatever I do, be it voltage offsets or whatever, I always get back to 4.5GHz on the CPU under both CPU+GPU load on the P751DM2-G.

2. Juang1985

Juang1985 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Sound like something is overheating. Have you looked in to HWinfo64? there is a section there that shows why the throttle happens, or at least give you an idea.

3. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Will do.

I wonder if I can also get VRM temps there.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Looks suspicious if a quick drop in load gets you back up to speed.

5. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    FTW_260 likes this.
  6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    ole!!! likes this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It will start become an interesting decision on what chip to go with.

8. TJCacher

TJCacher Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Newbie to overclocking (other than using mild undervolts for temp control reasons). I've got a Sager NP9155 (Clevo P750-TM1-G) that I've been playing around with today.

This machine came equipped with the Core i7-8086K processor, which can supposedly sustain a bit higher clocking frequencies than the 8700K.

Without altering any settings in the BIOS, I just used the provided Clevo overclocking tool to set my multipliers to 48x (including the cache multiplier) and slid the power-limit sliders all the way to the right. There are a few other benchmark results on my screenshot where I tried different settings, but my top result was with 48x, power-limits set to max, and a 120mv adaptive undervolt.

This was my best result on Cinebench, which I don't think was half bad, considering the temps and the fact that this powerful hardware is cooped in a relatively small chassis with an older cooling system in place.

BTW, I'm aware that the advice on this board is not to overclock this model, due to its cooling limitations. That didn't seem to be much of a problem for this series of short Cinebench runs, but I wouldn't leave these settings in place for extended use or gaming. I generally run the machine at stock frequencies, sometimes with a mild (80mv or so) undervolt, using Windows balanced power plan, and things tend to stay nice and stable and cool.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention that I forced fans to max speeds for the duration of all Cinebench tests.

Cinebench Test.png

KY_BULLET likes this.
  9. aznxwill

aznxwill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The scores look good to me. Under 4.8GHz on 8700K my score would vary between 1530-1560 depending on what I have running in the background.

10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    This is an re-post of my old post (#13123 who is deleted by the forum host) Juli 8. 2017 in this thread. See Wayback Machine's snapshot log. The forum have screwed up some of the posts in the thread (they are gone). The post I now put back was from my Lapping and Repaste (guide) of Bitspower LID + my i7-7700K gift from the good brother @bloodhawk. A useful post for many out there.

So not sure how well contact is on the CPUs and GPUs judging by these pictures. I'm planning on putting a shim on the CPU right now but wasn't sure about the GPUs. During gaming they don't seem to be having any temp issues.
    OneDrive album to photos

A few pages back I posted something about how my thermal paste contact looked. Could someone take a look and get back to me? Since I used the kryonaut to apply evenly to the surface before laying down the heat sink in going to assume that judging by the pictures it was spread out well.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All too much. This??? is enough for +2 processors. Same for the graphics as well.

REPASTE AND LAPPING OF BITSPOWER LID
    I have done some pressure testing today with some very thin medical gel (Basiron:D) Used this instead of thermal paste for messure the pressure. You can see this small amount of cream was more than enough for cover the cpu.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    jaybee83, FrozenLord, Ashtrix and 4 others like this.