Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Knight666

Knight666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, that is necromancy + bonus missing later posts. Best thing is I never said it to be free - but not gonna argue, I'm just bored with it...

Good old days are gone. And we worst part is we still see storm on the horizon.

2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Let's just chill guys... :sleep:

D2 Ultima, Ashtrix, ssj92 and 5 others like this.
  3. tranquil911

tranquil911 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    re laptops vs desktops

I personally have no need for a mobile pc, reason i like DTR's is the concept of amazing performance in a compact form factor. The challange of tweaking/modding and acheiving good results in such a compromised engineering package is where i get the enjoyment.

Desktops are easy mode :p

bennyg and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    haha i think thats a good sign that ure enjoying ur travels ;)

thats true, and one of the main reasons why laptop enthusiasts are so much more knowledgeable than their desktop counterparts. they have to dig way deeper in order to achieve similar performance numbers, whereas on desktops u have all those "automatic one click overclocking" functions and thats it (at least for the majority of desktop users... as if most of them would have the nerve to actually do manual tuning :D )

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

Ashtrix, Stress Tech, Prema and 3 others like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Very true... desktops are easier and generally less expensive unless you go with HEDT parts. Things being unnecessarily complex and complicated by flawed engineering and manufacturer incompetence in laptop world is not a flattering reason for having more advanced skills and technical knowledge.

6. Scerate

Scerate Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    waiting too till April/May to see what Zen+ really does, my 3770k still packs a punch for gaming, when adding streaming to the mix well, yeah you notice that some "optimizations" aren't there, but about the GPU thingy you said some posts back, i would absolutely have no issue to borrow you my 980TI if i can get hold of a secondhand 1080TI (discussing that already with a friend) or a 2080.

And yeah i know about the notebook stuff was super fun to tinker and find the throttling stuff the applied everywhere lol, for me personally my p775dm3-g is mostly used as a console now on my TV, and for occasional LAN parties, but it still wrecks everything and most PCs even when mine is the handicapped counterpart of the mighty P870DM series :)

Ashtrix, Stress Tech and jaybee83 like this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Desktops ended up being more expensive with me as I was constantly ordering bits as there were so many options and I wanted to keep it fresh ^-^

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    now THAT is also a very important part to consider :D especially when it comes to parts not directly related to performance, i.e. "looks", custom cables, reservoirs, cases, RGB, fans, etc...

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey fellas! I'm about to embark on the process of downgrading my Haswell CPU microcode from 0x1D to 0x06 using this method, so that I can overclock my 4720HQ to hopefully 4GHz or higher for more frames in PlanetSide 2! :D

Unless @Prema wants to talk me out of it :p? You would know better than anyone since I am using your mod.

10. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey man, would you be willing to share that Rainmeter theme? The app to the right with system details is rainmeter, correct?

Mr. Fox likes this.