Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Johnksss

Johnksss Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I would go for some of that except that I know way to many people using average everyday laptops to do music/photo editing & video editing. And they seem to get along just fine for the most part.

And that's only if they are away from home or the office.

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Since the OEM losers that sell this filth are not ashamed of the garbage they are peddling, we need to do all we can to create a toxic culture of shame for those that are dumb enough to provide financial support for those OEM losers that do not deserve to earn enough money to be able to keep their doors open. They need to be shut down. Nobody, tech savvy or not, deserves to get crapped on when they accidentally open their wallet to acquire something they do not know is going to be a crippled, overheating, poorly engineered pile of trash.

Johnksss likes this.
  3. Johnksss

Reputations:
    So now they just drop the whole top end market, then what exactly? I'm genuinely curious about that. Lots of noise the first year then after that it becomes the norm. Just like expensive phones.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yeah, I think that is what some of us fear, and things are already heading that direction. When that happens, laptop enthusiasts (the real ones) are going to have to decide if they really need expensive mobility with mediocre/adequate performance or not. I think the answer for a lot of folks is no, they don't. But, those that think they do need to think long and hard before spending money on anything expensive. Most would be better off spending very little, getting something extra cheap and disposable, then looking to desktop performance if and when they actually need it. The quality keeps going down and the prices keep going up, and who can blame the OEMs for exploiting such stupidity among consumers. As long as the cash keeps flowing, they will keep on taking advantage of the ignorance. Most will believe it to be everything they are told it is whether it is accurate or not. The rest of us are left with limited or no good options. If and when the P870, or a functional equivalent, is gone there will be nothing left for us unless we are ready to embrace garbage.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 12:50 AM
    ole!!! and Johnksss like this.
  5. Johnksss

Reputations:
    And you just answered a bunch of questions many have already asked and had answered and went that exact route.

Not sure about pricing since Amazon has everyone else selling laptops pretty hot under the collar right now. Why? Because no one can beat their pricing. That includes the OEM's (Where they came from in the first place). When I was walking around CES this year there were alot of people complaining about Amazon. And I also noticed the huge laptops were pretty much what the OEM's we're showcasing, while everyone else pretty much had Macbooks and lightweight gaming laptops and Hp's/Gigabytes/Dells looking to be in the 750 to 1500 dollar range.( Manufactures at the show. For personal use)

As to quality, that goes for more than just laptops. That goes for desktop parts as well. A bunch of people voicing their opinions about the quality there as well. So that is nothing new.

I'm an overclocker so I don't care if it's a single core bga tinbook. If they have a category for it, I will bench it.

I don't think they are totally ready to throw in the towel on High dual cards set up just yet. Considering this latest variant of the P870 series is quite a bit more user friendly. They haven't decided to fully lock it down just yet. Which they actually can and no one will be modding anything after that point. Im just glad they are not there yet.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 1:26 AM
    D2 Ultima, ole!!! and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I am glad they haven't locked it (P870) all down yet as well. If they do, it will be extremely sad. Maybe one of the reasons they haven't is because they know a very special group of customers buy it and if they do that they will start losing those customers. Right now they are basically the only game in town and I don't think they are going to bite the hand that feeds them. I hope not. Would suck if they pulled an Alienware on us.

We need more Amazons, Wincos, Costcos and (I know some are going to want to flame me for saying so) more Walmarts in every area of retail. They help keep greedy retailers from spiraling out of control in so many ways.

Quality absolutely goes for more than laptops. I think it is a concern in every line of business and service sector at this point. Maybe our recent economic improvements will free up some capital to allocate some capital resources for more companies to actually go back to caring about their product quality. I hope so.

Papusan, ole!!! and Johnksss like this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
  8. Johnksss

Reputations:
    Hopefully with what you buddy Trump just did... Will allow for companies to now take advantage of the tax decrease and hopefully shoot that our way and workers way. You can do alot of good if you really want to with that what....13 percent decrease business tax. They would only compete on certain sku's based off of prebuilts. Like Best Buy and the Gateway FX series started.

Side note. Walmart is closing down a bunch of Sam's Club (Had Costco, but it should have said Sam's Club) to convert them into distribution centers.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 1:49 PM
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    woah didnt know walmart owns costco same owner?

10. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is there any new unit showcased in Clevo booth Sir?