Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Johnksss

Johnksss Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    And you just answered a bunch of questions many have already asked and had answered and went that exact route.

Not sure about pricing since Amazon has everyone else selling laptops pretty hot under the collar right now. Why? Because no one can beat their pricing. That includes the OEM's (Where they came from in the first place). When I was walking around CES this year there were alot of people complaining about Amazon. And I also noticed the huge laptops were pretty much what the OEM's we're showcasing, while everyone else pretty much had Macbooks and lightweight gaming laptops and Hp's/Gigabytes/Dells looking to be in the 750 to 1500 dollar range.( Manufactures at the show. For personal use)

As to quality, that goes for more than just laptops. That goes for desktop parts as well. A bunch of people voicing their opinions about the quality there as well. So that is nothing new.

I'm an overclocker so I don't care if it's a single core bga tinbook. If they have a category for it, I will bench it.

I don't think they are totally ready to throw in the towel on High dual cards set up just yet. Considering this latest variant of the P870 series is quite a bit more user friendly. They haven't decided to fully lock it down just yet. Which they actually can and no one will be modding anything after that point. Im just glad they are not there yet.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    D2 Ultima, ole!!! and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I am glad they haven't locked it (P870) all down yet as well. If they do, it will be extremely sad. Maybe one of the reasons they haven't is because they know a very special group of customers buy it and if they do that they will start losing those customers. Right now they are basically the only game in town and I don't think they are going to bite the hand that feeds them. I hope not. Would suck if they pulled an Alienware on us.

We need more Amazons, Wincos, Costcos and (I know some are going to want to flame me for saying so) more Walmarts in every area of retail. They help keep greedy retailers from spiraling out of control in so many ways.

Quality absolutely goes for more than laptops. I think it is a concern in every line of business and service sector at this point. Maybe our recent economic improvements will free up some capital to allocate some capital resources for more companies to actually go back to caring about their product quality. I hope so.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
  4. Johnksss

Reputations:
    Hopefully with what you buddy Trump just did... Will allow for companies to now take advantage of the tax decrease and hopefully shoot that our way and workers way. You can do alot of good if you really want to with that what....13 percent decrease business tax. They would only compete on certain sku's based off of prebuilts. Like Best Buy and the Gateway FX series started.

Side note. Walmart is closing down a bunch of Sam's Club (Had Costco, but it should have said Sam's Club) to convert them into distribution centers.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    woah didnt know walmart owns costco same owner?

6. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is there any new unit showcased in Clevo booth Sir?

7. perion

perion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I believe Costco is a Walmart competitor. Walmart owns Sam's Club, and some of those are being closed down.

ole!!! likes this.
  8. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not even.
    Costco used to be known as FEDCO.
    Not even closely related to Walmart.

ole!!! likes this.
  9. Johnksss

Reputations:
    @ole!!!
    My bad. That should be Sam's Club. I had Costco on the brain because I was just in there. :D
    @cj_miranda23
    No, Clevo was not there.

cj_miranda23, ole!!! and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Many companies already have. Mine is an example. They have increased wages substantially for all below a certain threshold and given an extra bonus to all "meets expectations" staff that earn $75K or less. We are talking about a massive company with more than 25K employees in the US, Canada, Latin America and Europe. And, my employer is just one of many that are doing the same. Now that they are not being raped by the government they can afford to reward good employees and grow the business.

I am just looking forward to not having to take out a loan to pay extra taxes again. Had to do that last year and the year before that. I'm still paying those loans and will be for another year or two. The only two times in my entire 53 years of life on this planet that I had to do that were under the monster demon bastard that damaged 8 years of my life with his two terms of tyranny.