Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yep, you take it out at the push of a button :D

ssj92 and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Here is how I have my dock set to now and what a quick session of dirty bomb looks like :)

3. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Is there a thread for the next generation of Nvidia Cards? Anyone knows when will they be released?

4. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Take a look, but not much useful. Why should Nvidia bother with new cards as Amd ain’t in front?All they have done lately is Max-Qrippled for the JokeBooks and now 1070Ti for desktops.
    Volta: NVIDIA's Next Generation GPU Architecture (2017-2018)

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Volta not be that great. That is not a prediction, just a statement that I will not be surprised if it's nothing to write home about. The trend on many things is downward now (Max-Qrippled as one example) with a lot of focus on achieving adequate instead of awesome. That would give the Green Goblin a lot of extra phoney-baloney wiggle room to make Volta be better all of a sudden later on with nothing but firmware and driver hocus pocus, smoke and mirrors. As @Papusan said, they do not need to do anything to stay on top. AMD still really can't match current gen mainstream GeFarts gamer GPUs in performance, They're closer than before, even within 1080 striking distance, but still in second place. And on top of that it appears they still don't overclock worth a damn. For those that only play games, a coin toss will simplify the selection process. In addition to this, if the Red and Green teams keep it up with the firmware protection nonsense, or make it worse, along with room temperature throttling, there won't be anything to be enthusiastic about. Everyone will have belly-button GPUs that act and smell exactly alike. The "special" guys will have RGB toys that run like the peasant GPUs without the RGB gimmicks.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 3:59 PM
  6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I don't know, intel are learning again the dangers of giving AMD wiggle room. That can't of escaped Nvidia's attention.

7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Hopefully not, but they do sometimes seem preoccupied with silly things. I doubt NVIDIA will ever let AMD have the upper hand for more than a couple of days. Intel and NVIDIA are both pretty good at pulling rabbits from their magic hats. Sucks for us to have metered performance being spoon-fed to us, but keeps them sitting pretty as Kings of the Hill.

Scerate, TBoneSan and Papusan like this.
  8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    We will have to wait and see I guess.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Read the first sentence of the first and then third paragraphs.
    [​IMG]

Scerate, TBoneSan, bennyg and 5 others like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I think someone was wanting me to do this for some reason, so for whatever reason (don't remember) here it is. Everything is maxed out except for NVIDIA HairQuirks is disabled.