Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    There are some really cool SFX PSUs that would let you do a tiny build titan xp/7700k water cooled rig :D

D2 Ultima likes this.
  2. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Never heard of SFX, sounds good though

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It's what I had in my dock, they are tiny but now go up to like 750w

[​IMG]

4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Additional information regarding the recent CCleaner APT security incident
    https://blog.avast.com/additional-information-regarding-the-recent-ccleaner-apt-security-incident

"New analysis from the Avast Threat Labs

We would like to update our customers and the general public on the latest findings regarding the investigation of the recent CCleaner security incident. As published in our previous blog posts (here and here), analysis of the CnC server showed that the incident was in fact an Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) attack, targeting specific high-tech and telecommunications companies. That is, despite the fact that CCleaner is a consumer product, the purpose of the attack was not to attack consumers and their data; instead, the CCleaner customers were used to gain access to corporate networks of select large enterprises.

Today, we are going to disclose new facts about the incident that we received since the last public update."

Stress Tech and Ashtrix like this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It's good they are being open about it but it should never have happened regardless.

6. Ground_Zro

Ground_Zro Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Today I hit 5ghz mark, I was only playing around due to the fact I am trying to keep the temps as low as I can. But I was rather happy none the less. I didn't run it for long but my max temp hit 86 at load. What is the highest clock you guys have reached and around what temp and volts were you hitting?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Stress Tech likes this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    I'm sure some clueless fool says that about every security hole found and abused by unscrupulous people.

"It should have never happened."

While it's true, it's not a helpful comment. It doesn't show any compassion for the people taken advantage of, nor does it affix the blame where it should be, on the criminal's and their actions, not the victim's.

It's called victim blaming, or shaming, depending on the crime.

Such a useless and baseless comment doesn't help anyone, but I guess it makes you feel important. Like you can dis someone you don't know for something you know nothing about, and think you can get away with it.

You are as bad as the hackers, taking advantage of the defenseless making them a victim all over again.

Shame on you.

8. perion

perion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    oops!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    We aren't talking about the same things. We are talking about similar things, logically - in the most simplistic terms.

It's easy to try to map what you know on top of situations you don't know, but usually that results in misconceptions and fallacies of conclusion, and foolish results.

My point is unless you are privy to the actual exploits found to have been used, and know for a fact that the exploits could have been prevented or defended against - known issues - or if the exploits were completely unknown without any established defense, you can't comment definitively on a given situation.

Condemning a company full of hard working people, with families and responsibilities for which they depend on the success of their work in their company, for something you know nothing about, is just as much a violation against those people as the hackers committed - taking away the companies credibility and stealing their good will.

The criminals are the ones that are to blame for the damages done.

As with physical defenses there are ways through them, it's the scale of defense that limits the access through them. If a criminal gains enough force or advantage through those defenses, there isn't anything that is going to stop them.

That's why society has so much invested in remediation, for physical offenses and starting to have for cyber offenses.

We need to be supportive of those that are compromised, to watch them get back in a situation where they can be productive and delivering product to us, rather than attempt to ruin them with criticisms.

perion likes this.
  10. perion

perion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I realized shortly after posting (but not quickly enough to delete it before it was read by others), that I had confused the 2 things ... I had Equifax on the brain, and just went there (it's late here, and there was some beer involved). In general, I agree that we shouldn't talk about things we know nothing about ... but, if we did that, there'd be very little conversation in this world ... which would probably be a good thing, but ever so boring.

hmscott likes this.