Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Fix it then get rid of it:D I'm sure some want a fixed TRIPOD bruh. You could earn some cash on it, as most of the AWBOOK*s is screwed up.
    [​IMG]

ajc9988, Mr. Fox, Scerate and 3 others like this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I thought you were actually talking about cameras for a second there. I was thinking if you are going for the RED stuff then yeah you will be forking out :p

I have a 3 screw design that works on my small machine, I get even pressure looking at the contact pattern.

Then again I always press down with heatsinks so it wont move any.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER @Mr. Fox @bloodhawk @Phoenix @Donald@HIDevolution @TBoneSan ++ All not mentioned here but not forgotten.
    FYI. You may have seen this before... But Siliconlottery have changed from Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra over to Grizzly Conductonaut for their delidding service.
    upload_2017-7-17_0-53-17.png

Edit. + They have also blown away use of statistics, aka % that can reach a set clock rate.
    I fix it for yoo Meaker:D
    Btw... Try this below. Maybe better temp results with TWOPOD:eek: But, please don't post it HERE if it works @hmscott :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

BTW. Why ask for something Alienware already sell?:rolleyes: They have this in 3 sizes. 13, 15 and 17 inches.
    upload_2017-7-17_1-41-24.png

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  4. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Blatant Lies, just to make his crap sell more & yeah It's working. Says below 100 no throttle & 88C is safer ?
    Pascal knows what is Throttling haha !! & Irony is Azor is worse than Ngreedia, and people still buy that trash which is like rotten from inside looking cool gamerboy in$tagram clickety-clack outside with that giant arse, No wonder we are fighting a lost war here, Even with Svl7's history of winning countless battles over time & Prema's present battles along with his NBR comrades trying to tell the world about how reality looks like. Alas !! The stupidity beats smartness, Whatever repaste or mods one does, the core fundamentals of the system is trash & investing in that kind of a product ? Never !!

As we all know - "Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" & Also the great "The Emperors new clothes" & the irony here again is nobody is pointing at the emperor even the little child this time, they also started to wear those new clothes LOL...Welcome to the new world !!

SMFH.

Scerate, TBoneSan and Papusan like this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Basically you can do a three contact point design but:

A) The spacing is more sensitive to core height and design.
    B) The tolerances need to be tighter.

I have the extra cache on mine giving a much larger contact area which may be helping.

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I'm super glad I did not waste any money on an eGPU like I was thinking of doing last year. Better than Intel graphics for the laptops cursed with that, but seems to be a pretty big hit on performance. Having the GPU on the inside seems to be the only right way to do it.

As usual, JayzTwoCents is on point and useful, while Linus is mostly entertaining, making excuses for Razer's lameness... like a typical fanboy.

TBoneSan, D2 Ultima, ajc9988 and 2 others like this.
  7. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Yeah these eGPU's are for systems like my AW 17R4, which has a GTX 1060, and i can use a 1080 with the AGA for way more of a performance gain vs cost. Any systems with the 1070 and up its a waste of money IMO.
    Im glad i did the tests using the TB3 HDK, (which i still have in case i need it) , and realized that not only is there is a pretty decent performance hit (might be good enough for casual gaming) , but with beefier GPU's its not worth the investment. At least the TB3 solutions.

Stress Tech, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    The Alienware graphics amplifier doesn't have much of a hit compared to all these TB3 solutions.

9. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Yeah same with any mPCIe / PCIe / m.2 based solution.

10. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    If only someone did a comparison between all three solutions. :D

bloodhawk likes this.