Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Mar 4, 2016.

1. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Oh yeah, i know how to unlock everything ;)
    Just needed confirmation that i cant do a software flash using traditional methods.
    End of the day for the repaste , i will be taking the whole this apart along with the motherboard. So the location wont matter at that point.

Yeah. Will hit you up for sure!

Exactly why the manual flashing using a programmer. Just hoping the Encrypted BS doesn't cause issues with that. Mainly because i will be making a dump from the chip and then modding that.

Will keep you posted!

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I would love to see some kind of universal hack tool released to destroy that feature for any/all firmware protection crap. We all know it takes talent and skill to do the stuff that @Prema does, but heck... I'd like to just destroy that idiotic feature on everything just for spite, even running stock firmware. I'd do it to every computer and GPU I could get my hands on "just because" for no reason other than utter contempt for it. The idiots responsible for it need to have a lobotomy with rusty screwdriver.

I need to acquire this knowledge. It would never be a substitute for a proper Prema mod, but I'd unlock the menus on everything just for the hell of it. Like my wife's XPS 15, for example. Absolutely no need for it, but it would still be a way of exercising dominion and demonstrating triumph over evil.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    bloodhawk likes this.
  3. bloodhawk

Reputations:
    Yeah it comes in handy, before @Prema hooked me up i pretty much spent a whole week reading up and figuring things out. But the most about of learning was when i unlocked my friends AW desktops BIOS. There are so many annoyances to the process, makes one appreciate @Prema's work even more.

4. Coolane

Coolane Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The box comes with a 450W PSU and is 21.1CM long, so it should be able to fit in a 21CM long Zotac 1080 Ti Mini, lol.
    Probably not for extreme overclocking, maybe it's just good for some users that are still using the last-gen GPUs and have thunderbolt port.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    I would just like to say, my week has been hectic, and I've learned a lot. I think getting that article published is possibly one of the best things I've done, for all that has come from it. And I don't even mean opening anyone's eyes; half the comments are telling me they think it's fine. Just... all the stuff I went through as a result of doing it. Been a fantastic experience.

Also Nvidia guys said they want to meet me at GDC or some similar convention and chat.

Papusan, Ashtrix, Stress Tech and 4 others like this.
  6. Legion343

Legion343 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok so another score yesterday i decided to change thermal pads ( mix of 0,5 and 1mm Arctic ones suggest by RZR), lapp the heasink (still no mirror but it is better now) and put fresh TG Kryonaut together with dust clearing.

After this thing i've got 10 degrees lower temps on GPU and was able to OC by 6820HK to 4,1 GHZ "stable" (temps under 90 Celsius degrees). I mean temperature only because power and current limit is still haunting me...

Before i had max stable CPU at 3,8 GHz under 90 degrees.
    http://www.3dmark.com/fs/13126179
    http://www.3dmark.com/spy/2074017
    http://www.3dmark.com/fs/13125809

Will post R15 scores, hwinfo and mod photos later

Coolane and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Nice work :)

8. Stress Tech

Stress Tech Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Finally no more WHEA errors in my Windows event log. I settled with a -76mv on adaptive undervolt. Max temps at 84c for all day use on 7680x1440@85Hz Nvidia surround setup. Like what @Prema said:
    Thank you @Prema

A re-paste soon to get them temps down...

hmscott and Prema like this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Welcome to the TRIPOD WORLD bruh:D I'm sure You know what you've wrapped yourself into:p As Yoo have seen it before.
    [​IMG]
    THE TRIPOD World!!!

By AW's ceo Mr. Azor!!

[​IMG]

hmscott, Ashtrix and bloodhawk like this.
  10. bloodhawk

Reputations:
    Haha. you know me, by the time im done with it the temps wont be over 60C :p
    End of the day it isnt a high end system, and i didnt pay a lot for it. :D

Scerate, hmscott and Papusan like this.