Clevo Overclocker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Mar 4, 2016.

1. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Now you just need to find an M18x and see where the best build quality came from. :D

The thing I don't like about the R4 is the back part that comes out. The R4 is literally deeper than my M18x lol

hmscott, Ashtrix and bloodhawk like this.
  2. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    LOL Dat booty.

Yeah i was wondering about that. But at least they are moving in the right direction, unlike Clevo. Going to take this baby apart tomorrow, and repaste :D

hmscott, ssj92 and Stress Tech like this.
  3. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    My friend's R4 with 1070 on factory paste stays around mid-high 60s on the GPU on load, I was quite surprised. Let's see how your 1060 is cooled. :p

hmscott and bloodhawk like this.
  4. bloodhawk

Reputations:
    Ill post results in a little while, transferring my data over from the DM1 and then gotta clone the W10 install onto my larger SSD. Best $1k i have ever spent.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    They used to be moving the right direction. There is, and never will be, anything right about BGA filth.

But, yeah... Alienware build quality has always been second to none since Dell bought Alienware and stopped using Clevo as the ODM. I really miss the metal, but it doesn't make any difference how nicely the turdbooks are built... ain't going there. Period. End of discussion. No room for poo-poo-books in my house.

6. Stress Tech

Stress Tech Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    LMAO :D

Papusan, Ashtrix and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Jon Webb

Jon Webb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So the original Alienware laptops were Clevos?

8. bloodhawk

Reputations:
    I meant, if we look past the BGA nature.
    Sad thing is that im done dealing with Clevo's ********. Specially with the high end $3000+ LGA systems.

Papusan, D2 Ultima, ssj92 and 3 others like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Before Dell bought Alienware, yes. Alienware and many Dell laptops are made by Compal. Before they went to BGA filth they were awesome and better than anything Clevo had to offer. The move to BGA marked the beginning of their slippery slide into overpriced trashbook obscurity in the land flowing with urine and feces (as opposited to milk and honey).

I guess you have to pick your poison, LOL. I'm tired of all of the nonsense as well, but I'm not willing to allow for any compromises on the BGA feces. If I have to tolerate that crap, then I'll just be done altogether. Not putting up with that worthless cah-cah. It's the computer equivalent a gorgeous blonde she-male spreading terminally contagious STDs. Looks pretty nice until you get up close and have a peek at what's under the hood, then you puke. No point in settling for BGA tranny-book filth when there are better alternatives.

I won't even settle for that if there were no non-BGA alternatives though. I'm not willing to stoop to that level just to have a fancy laptop. I'm on the edge now with Clevo getting away with peddling too much broken crap. As all the BGA alternatives totally unacceptable, I will likely end up begrudgingly giving them up for good and permanently ending my interest in high performance notebooks.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Papusan, Jon Webb, iunlock and 2 others like this.
  10. bloodhawk

Reputations:
    ROFL

But yeah, i think its mainly because i have 2 Desktops as well along with the DM1 and DM3, makes me not feel as strongly as you do about BGA, but im never spending more than what i just did on them.
    DM3 however is my last high end LGA, all i use it for is the occasional benching, and that makes for a very expensive hobby lol.

Papusan, Johnksss, Scerate and 3 others like this.