CLEVO NH77DPQ Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Riddhy916, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Riddhy916

Riddhy916 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Discuss Here Guys. In my opinion it is the most value option laptop. What do you guys think.

In europe some offers for a barebone with 10870h going for 1100 euro.

I would like to know which lcd panel is it using? Some sites saying

17.3" FHD 144Hz 72% NTSC. Some saying 144hz and 240 hz.

Any Idea which panel is it and how many nits is the Brightness and is it 100 /Percent SrGB.

Please discuss. I am really thinking buying it.

Julz337 likes this.
  2. Julz337

Julz337 Newbie

Reputations:
    I purchased through rjtech (I am in the United States) and I didn't see any displays with 240 Hz. Also unsure of the nits but I generally hear good things about Clevo screens. Also my order is still in the mail and I have a sort of silly question. I know the i7-10870H is a mobile chip so I'm assuming it will be soldered to the motherboard. But I have heard discussions of Clevo/Sager laptops with upgradeable CPU's. Is this exclusively for models with desktop CPU's? Or do they use CPU modules similar to the GPU modules?

3. Riddhy916

Riddhy916 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    the upgradability is now only for desktop chips. mobile chips cannot be anymore. When you receiv it please go to device manager and check which display panel it is

Julz337 likes this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hwinfo and the like can be a bit more specific on the panel in use rather than the hardware I'd code.

Julz337 and Riddhy916 like this.
  5. Julz337

Julz337 Newbie

Reputations:
    I checked the display info. Says this is the panel in my unit https://laptopmedia.com/screen/lg-lp173wfg-spb3-lgd065b/ It looks great in my opinion. The maximum brightness can even get too bright for me in certain situations. Haven't tried using it outside or anything like that though. I have noticed one other potential issue with the laptop though. Under load, my temperatures seem a little bit high. My unit was sent with aftermarket thermal paste applied and I haven't checked it or tried reapplying yet, but my CPU temps are 85-90 Celsius and my GPU temps are pretty constant at 86 Celsius under full load. I know these components in particular have a tendency to run very hot and I haven't seen many people discussing safe operating range for the temps on these components probably because they're relatively new. Should I be worried about these temps?

6. N2ishun

N2ishun Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the NH77DDW which is last years model of the same.
    Mine has the 10875H and a 2060....and I got it from RJtech also.
    It's a 144hz screen, and it is quite nice.
    Undervolt it....I have a -.100 and it is not noticeable in operation but helps with temps.
    I usually keep mine in entertainment mode in control center...fans stay quiet and temps stay low (cpu in the 35-40 range always).
    It's been rock solid in every aspect except wireless...
    It has the AX201 and *sometimes* it doesn't like to connect at bootup and requires a bit of fudging.
    I have 3-4 different wireless cards that will slip right in to try but it's not enough of a problem to bother taking the back off again.
    Stuff in sig line.

Julz337 likes this.
  7. Julz337

Julz337 Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine has been pretty good overall with wireless. It's got the AX1650x. Under some very specific circumstances, it seems to lose network connection but it's hard for me to say that the card is the suspect because I also run an always-on VPN with firewall enabled. Also the only times I have had weird network drops is when I am using the laptop to mine crypto using NiceHash (which I know is not advised but I like to tempt fate). This is probably also the reason for my high temps because I'm not sure if I should be expecting the laptop to maintain a decent temp under a constant load like that. I just had high expectations since I was getting the aftermarket thermal paste and the laptop seemed to have an excellent cooling system. Also I use the ethernet port whenever the wireless is acting up.