CLEVO N960TF vs CLEVO PB51EF-G

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Aladin1992, Jul 14, 2019.

1. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Agreed on more cores = better, as long as they are properly cooled. 2 more cores with the addition of more heat in the laptop chassis could possibly bring overall clocks lower where you won’t see the benefit of that additional processing power. We’re really just discussing heatsink and chassis cooling at this point! This is worst case scenario thinking on my end of course. If it cools adequately that i7-9700 will perform extremely well as expected. I’m hopeful the amount of copper and fan speed is enough given the 65W TDP. The 8750H is only 45W TDP but *appears* to have more copper on initial viewing

2. Aladin1992

Aladin1992 Newbie

Reputations:
  3. berkut1

berkut1 Newbie

Reputations:
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It also depends on the person, some notice tearing more than others.

4W4K3 likes this.
  5. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    I used to believe in Gsync till I owned a couple screens with it, had more issues w/ them than norm, no longer see tearing and lock my settings to what I need. No reason to let it hit 200+ fps if u can only do 120/144, set the max 1/1 limit and be good.

Afterburner has a side option o assist w/ that as well and works beautifully especially for games that don't support it. I feel Gsync has become more of a staple gimmick as of late in a placebo type means. I still own my gsync displays though, I just disable the feature now.

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I'm running a free sync monitor in g-sync mode externally myself.

7. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There will be justification one way or the other per-user. In the 1-2 months of gaming I've seen zero issues with the display and G-Sync works superbly. No reason at all to disable it.

There are plenty of reasons to let your FPS max out. Maybe you do not see the benefit within your usage and application. There is the rest of the world to consider though.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Usually it would be more for twitch (fast) based games or competitive play.

9. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    Then provide an example where letting something run at 200+ fps when you're capped at 120hz on your display or even a 60hz display is beneficial. Share what the "rest of the world" considers.
    Where did that even come from lol?

Just hoping you're not gonna say "Input lag" Though I'd be curious to hear why variable input lag would be a choice.

Based on your response though you've only been playing with it though so best to kinda run your own tests before getting defensive on something as well.

I agree with Meaker on that aspect especially Streaming though was mainly focused on the aspect of Gsync itself as a gimmick.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    While your frame may not update the other side of things like physics is being calculated and updated.

4W4K3 likes this.