Clevo N950TP6/N957TP6

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Serial number should also be on the receipt and/or online ordering info.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Possibly on your paperwork in the box too. Why are they being odd about it?

3. Chastity

Reputations:
    There should also be a SN sticker on the box

4. foresterx

foresterx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well a quick question ,i will send my laptop 2 months old for rma to clevo for warranty as gpu is constantly stuck in idle mode . will i need to send it barebone as i received it or a complete build?

5. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's a question for your seller, as they should be the ones handling the RMA for you. Clevo and their contract service centers typically do RMA work through the distributors.

6. foresterx

foresterx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    unfortunately my reseller replies to me randomly and it seems they dont want to help me out ,while i ve contacted clevo support center germany with proof of purchase and receipt they immediate offered me an rma option for repair .the problem was present in the laptop on delivery but due to me not having yet the cpu didnt check the gpu throughly till the first month passed now it is 3 months old and reseller replies me randomly with no advise , i bought this barebone with no cpu no ram and i added them myself.

7. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    If the German service center is wiling to help directly (which is great), they'll likely work with the barebones unit. Still, you should double check with them about this and do whatever you can to verify the defect before sending, as the reseller usually confirms that kind of thing and then sends the part or the system off to the contracted facility.

8. Chastity

Reputations:
    If you customized the unit, take out your hardware, and make the unit as it was at stock. If they decide to replace the unit with a new one, then you will lose your hardware upgrades. (This happened with a case I handled with Asus. Luckily I managed to get the RMA Dept to find his upgraded CPU and memory modules)

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The system will always be wanted in the as shipped condition.

10. Ing_Imperator

Ing_Imperator Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For me, the fans are also very important. The Control Center works rather good in my opinion, i can turn of the fans under 60°C, then they will kick in. But even if you dont use custom fan profiles, the Laptop is really silent in everyday usage. Most of the time, the fan is either completely off or is running very quietly. There is no constant ramping up and down like in my old MSI-Laptop. But i have do say that i've undervolted the cpu by -167mV and turned off the Turbo mode as well. So it doesn't heat up so fast in everyday usage. I have the i5-8600. In all of my games, the 3,1Ghz are enough. But i can quickly turn on the Turbo mode for instant 4,1Ghz Power if needed. But for PUBG and rainbow six siege for my targeted 90fps (i OCed my Display to 90Hz), 3,1Ghz are enough.
    And yes, the antenna cables are Ready for you to be plugged into your WiFi Card. I also got a Intel 9260 seperatly, because i was not happy with the choice of WiFi Cards from my Reseller.