Clevo N950TP6/N957TP6

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Check the reseller driver page, is there a newer version?

2. mcalago

mcalago Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yeah i just installed that now its turned to sound blaster 5 and realtek windows 10 app. Just had to uninstall old ones. Works perfect.

And i found a solution for fan controls over this forum. İts called RLECViewer. Set both gpu and cpu 95 or 90 when its about 80 degrees and 100 for over 85 degrees and good to go. Now i can use its full potencial without carrying.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Well I hope you get many happy hours of computing :)

mcalago likes this.
  4. foresterx

foresterx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok i ve found a bios update from xmg apex 15 and i am wondering how to do the bios update as i am not aware of clevo bios update procedures
    can anyone point me to the right direction?

5. mcalago

mcalago Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    you have to first update ec on windows side then bios by uefi shell.Download 1.07.05 or newer ec file from xmgs website.Open Ecwinflash program and choose n95tp file in same folder. Then for the bios you will need bootable ntfs usb stick and search for uefi bios update guide.You may look for msi's website uefi bios update steps.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

6. paul_cgn

paul_cgn Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you speak German? If so, just follow this step by step guide: https://www.mysn.de/driver/4_Anleitungen/Anleitung BIOS_EC EFI.pdf

7. foresterx

foresterx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok this is a quick tutorial i found if anyone wants to flash bios via windows ,take note though i am not responsible for any mistakes occurring as windows bios flash is more risky than flash via hell of efi .

Windows method
    Please extract the Zip file to a location you have full access to, and then browse to the EC Folder and then ECWinFlash folder.

You will need to run the ECFLASH.bat with full admin permissions.

Once complete, you will need to Shut Down the machine, and remove the AC adapter for 10 seconds. Once done, plug it back in and you should be able to turn on and head into the BIOS to check that your EC Version is now updated to 1.05.10

Now the EC is updated we can fully update the BIOS.

For this we will need to head into the SYS Folder of the download. We will need to disable the ME to receive the update, so you need to run the WMRESET.exe. This will reboot the machine.

After this DO NOT REBOOT until the BIOS update is complete, otherwise the ME will reset and you will need to run the reset of the ME again.

Head back into the SYS folder and you will need to run FlashMeWinX64.bat (For Windows 64bit) with full admin permissions.

Once done, you will need to reboot your system. At this point it should be all done, it’s best practice to reset your BIOS to optimised defaults, and then reconfigure it as needed, and that’s why I advised taking note of all of your current settings at the beginning

EFI

You will need to have the download above extracted and in a location your can reach within the EFI Shell.

Please make sure your Laptop is connected to AC as well as that the Battery is fully charged.

First head into the EC Folder and run the ecflash.nsh Script.

Once complete, you will need to Shut Down the machine, and remove the AC adapter for 10 seconds. Once done, plug it back in and you should be able to turn on and head into the BIOS to check that your EC Version is now updated to 1.05.10

Now the EC is updated we can fully update the BIOS.

Head back into the EFI Shell and this time we’re going to need to head into the SYS Folder.

Within SYS we will need to disable the ME function by running MESET.EFI. This will reboot the machine.

After this DO NOT REBOOT until the BIOS update is complete, otherwise the ME will reset and you will need to run the reset of the ME again.

Head back into the EFI, and then back into the SYS Folder, and within here you now need to run the following: FLASHME.NSH

Once done, you will need to reboot your system. At this point it should be all done, it’s best practice to reset your BIOS to optimised defaults, and then reconfigure it as needed, and that’s why I advised taking note of all of your current settings at the beginning

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Your reseller would normally be the person to go to for files and advice, to make sure you get the right file.

9. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    For those flashing older models not using the .NSH files, remember to disable UEFI first. Removing the charger shouldn't be necessary, but in some cases an NVRAM reset is needed, e.g. no display following a reboot.

─and yes, contact your seller first. :vbsmile:

10. ryannguyen69

ryannguyen69 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi guys, which 120Hz is a good upgrade for this model? My laptop is having a not so good colour screen so I think i need to upgrade it