Clevo n1582j = p157?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Chintish, Mar 16, 2019.

1. clevo-extreme

clevo-extreme Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you have a p157sm we can provide upgrade up to Clevo gtx 980m 8gb mxm 3.0b

Fastest Customizable Gaming Notebooks & Mobile Workstations | CLEVO System Integrator

2. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    that model should be compatible with MSI GTX1070 https://twitter.com/EurocomTech/status/976454556300214272
    [​IMG]
    maybe also a new MSI RTX2060, not sure atm

check this thread for more infos
    Successful MXM GPU Upgraded Laptops
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/successful-mxm-gpu-upgraded-laptops.805136/

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  3. Chintish

Chintish Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for your help but I'm looking for a 1060 really. How come clevo themselves don't support this? Not ranting just wanting to know?

Also thanks you for replying I have also been on this post before but still have some question, I have read somewhere you don't need a unlocked or different bios and some people could plug In and play? Is this true, from the majority of what I read I will need a perma bios?

4. clevo-extreme

Reputations:
    This is normally if they don't support anymore. This is technology process. This Msi card is not dedicated card for Clevo, because you received only max 90 days warranty. So. I Would to have personally something with longer warranty if I spend more than 300€ for example. Such a disappointing when card is defective short after warranty :) after 3 months :) but decision depend of course to customer. This mod with Msi card is anyway slowly than Clevo GPU gtx 980m, I think or?

Fastest Customizable Gaming Notebooks & Mobile Workstations | CLEVO System Integrator

5. Chintish

Chintish Newbie

Reputations:
    So they don't support cause it's not a clevo gpu? I don't know if i had warranty, maybe I did but I've had this laptop for 3 plus years now. Do you have any proof that 980m is better then 1060? Mostly what I've seen is 1060 >980M

6. clevo-extreme

Reputations:
    So. If you have warranty and if is extended than you must discuss with your seller - not with Clevo. Clevo don't sell with extended warranty. Only sellers do this. But I don't know for what. This proceder only generate costs. In USA and Canada is standard 1 year warranty. In other parts in the world depend from location and law. This is of course my personally look point. P157sm is Model from about more Than 4-5 year. Than you don't have probably anymore warranty. Must ask your seller about support this model. If they supported anyway except new models. Just enjoy with Sunday :)

7. Chintish

Chintish Newbie

Reputations:
    Why you bringing warranty into it, I don't mind if I don't have it I'm asking advice on putting a graphics card myself. The seller is in Japan, and I do have the contact info however i don't feel like contacting them. As I've already figured out it is a p157sm

8. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    Ask @woodzstack, (aka Alezka) he will send you all you need for having a working card on your system

woodzstack likes this.
  9. symy17

symy17 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The problem is that a laptop with 4 years, cost more 1500 € and after 4 years has problems in all graphics amd, knowing of this problem the clevo should have helped the resellers to solve this problem in AMD graphics. The clevo for me is a disappointment, I'll also bet on a graphics of nvidia 1060. Apparently the installation is easy, with clevo never want anything.

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk