Clevo N150RF or P650RE6

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Jeroen-B, Jul 5, 2016.

?

Which laptop would you pick?

1. Clevo N150RF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clevo P650RE6

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    The struggle is real. It took me 2 months to buy my last laptop, going back and forth between every model possible. Oddly enough, took me like 2 hours to buy my last car and that was a much bigger purchase. But I also don't use my car 8+ hours a day.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Took me about 4 hours of research and shopping to get my car. A life time for my laptop lol.

3. Jeroen-B

Jeroen-B Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hah when it comes to buying my pc hardware/gear i always take sooo long before i decide to buy something. Reading reviews till i drop. Always wanna make the right choice at the first time and not needing to bring it back. Atm im kinda decided on the p650. I noticed a 70 euro price drop as well so that's nice ^^.

4. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Lol. And here I went and purchased a system on a complete whim. But both the car and the computer have been [mostly] great. In the end, it's all about the experience.

Great! It's a good one. If you haven't considered upgrading the thermal compound, I would suggest it.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It probably makes good sense to research the car more :p But my car did end up being voted best in class so I can't complain. (It's a Hyundai I10 which is about half the size of what the US call a sub compact!)

Prostar Computer likes this.
  6. Jeroen-B

Jeroen-B Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yea thermal compound is one of the things im getting. They offer artic mx-4 which i use for my desktop as well. Great stuff.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Some people on the forums had issues with MX-4 pumping out on them, I never had an issue personally though.

8. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    MX-4 pumped out for me.. No such issues with IC Diamond.. Even Gelid seems to pump out for me!

9. Jeroen-B

Jeroen-B Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ive been looking at the whole thermal paste pumping out thing around laptops/clevo's after your mentions and i think il just skip the mx-4 in this case. IC diamond is a no go because of the scratching risk etc even tho i use the arctic clean kit. I think my best bet would be the t grizzly kryonaut thermal paste. Now i just need to find a guide on how to remove the heatsinks of the p650re6

10. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    I've read that viscosity plays a role in this - and ICD is noticeably more viscous than GC Extreme.

That is some hardcore stuff! Do you plan to OC at all?

The heatsinks are pretty simple to remove. The entire bottom case assembly needs to be taken off, then you just remove the screws for the heatsinks (and maybe for the fans as well; I can't recall which models allow the fans to stay and which require fans + heatsinks be removed together, but if you see the screws for the fans numbered, then they need to come out as well).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.