Clevo N150RF or P650RE6

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Jeroen-B, Jul 5, 2016.

?

Which laptop would you pick?

1. Clevo N150RF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clevo P650RE6

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeroen-B

Jeroen-B Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi,

Right now im looking for a new laptop to replace my hp pavilion p035nd. My main use it to use it for school stuff and i have to carry it with me everyday. After looking at models from lenovo,msi,asus and dell, i came across the clevo barebones.

Right now my main pick would have been the Clevo N150RF (Shark 5 comparable) with gtx965m TI and i7-6700HQ. However i began to doubt that model after seeing the review of Ramzay (http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/eurocom-shark-4-clevo-n150sd-quick-review.784274/). This is because of the bad cooling properties of the laptop. Also another review (http://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-A516-Clevo-N150RF-Notebook-Review.159486.0.html) showed that the turbo boost didn't activate while the Nvidia card is active.

After that i looked at the Clevo P650RE6 which apparently has better cooling (http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/quick-review-eurocom-m5-pro-clevo-p650se.769973/). This laptop however has a 970m which addes another 285 euro's to the costs for a card that i dont need perse. I don't focus on the best graphics(just decent enought to game a bit sometimes) since i have my desktop for that.

Both laptops will have a 1080p ips display

So what are you guys opinions about these 2 models. Should i spend the 285 euro more for a possibly better chassis/cooling solution and better gpu?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You get better battery life, optimus switching and the ability to use G-sync/ultra high refresh rate external monitors too.

3. Jeroen-B

Jeroen-B Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The n150RF has a little bit bigger battery right?..so that would be the better battery life model then? Is it not the case that both laptops have optimus?

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Both have optimus but the 970M 15.6"/17.3" machines can turn it off. You are right about the battery I was thinking about an older model in that regard.

5. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    The P650 is built a lot better. It's the first higher end Clevo model, and is built was sturdier than N series models.

6. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    I honestly have not seen the N150RF overheat. It's not as popular as the P650RE/RG, but very rarely returns for any issues.

If your budget allows and you like the P650, it will hold up better in the long haul of things (better GPU = more "future proof").

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I agree the jump to the 970M is a large jump (960 -> 965 -> 970 30% each time over the last one).

8. Jeroen-B

Jeroen-B Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Do you perhaps know why the n150rf is less populair? And yea i know about the future proofing.. tho im just not sure if im willing to spend 285 euro above my budget for a card i dont need perse. The cpu is the most important for me and the main reason atm for me to pick the p650 is because of the apparent better cooling according to lots of reviews ive read.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    We deal mostly with a certain kind of customer and they mostly want to go with the 970M. The older chassis versions stuck with DDR3 as well without USB 3.1, the updated version with USB3.1, DDR4 and an IPS display is pretty nice for those who can't stretch.

10. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Pretty much what @Meaker@Sager said: We mostly get enthusiasts and gamers wanting power. The W and N series sells less than the P series in general simply due to the hardware, not necessarily due to any particular faults.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.