Clevo N141WU

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Apr 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  2. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    You need to give these new products a little bit of time, after they are listed, before the specifications can be confirmed from their website. They don't always list everything at the start, especially those which are factory options :)

TB3 - yes, same as with the N131 - Type-C with TB3 as factory option, so not all resellers will take this option.
    36Wh, same as N131.

I was going to go for this option for my work laptop, but decided not to wait and have an N131 instead - they are very similar chassis.

sicily428 likes this.
  3. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    thanks for these usefull infos :)

XMG likes this.
  4. pdrogfer

pdrogfer Newbie

Reputations:
    is N140 using the same chassis as N130? According to this page, the only difference will be the screen:

https://slimbook.es/pro-ultrabook-13-aluminio

What is then the difference with N240 (apart from not having tb3)? Which one has a better cooling solution? (I am looking into a 14', cooling interest is because summer gets very warm here)

5. 9ac3

9ac3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if this model will be available with an IPS display in the future? I prefer an IPS display with a Matte finish.

I understand that the battery is small because of the 2.5" hard drive, but can a more powerful battery of the same size be used to replace the existing battery? If I get a Core i5 version of this then will the battery last a bit longer?

6. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I doubt you'll see upgrades to the battery capacity in this model unfortunately.

7. 9ac3

9ac3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, the battery life is unfortunate, but I expect the battery life on the 14 inch FHD display to be a little bit better than the 3k display on the 13.3 inch N131WU.

If there's an IPS display with a Matte finish available for the 14 inch then I would instantly buy it from you ;)

8. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:

Right now just a 13" based on the N130WU but I hope to see more 14" models as time goes on.

9. L_A_B

L_A_B Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  10. vs40

vs40 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Schenker will offer N141WU with pretty good IPS panel Innolux N140HCE-EN1 with 99% sRGB (info in comments)
    https://www.notebookcheck.com/Schen...t-Kaby-Lake-R-und-Thunderbolt-3.314072.0.html
    You can find more info about that panel in this Asus review
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-UX3410UA-Notebook-Review.192282.0.html#toc-display
    I see only few drawbacks in this laptop:
    1) Not a "true" fully functional Thunderbolt 3, because it's not supporting charging. Also Schenker not confirmed DP video support (discussions in comments)
    2) 36Wh battery
    3) Small touchpad

Everything else looks very solid for this price and for many people can be great alternative for more expensive XPS 13, Lenovo T480, etc.

9ac3 likes this.