Clevo M570U from FlawlessComputers.com

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by MickDangerous, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProwessIntrepid

ProwessIntrepid Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I was thinking about that exact setup except for a few minor differences, but how did you do the 3gb of ram? I don't see it on the flawless website.

2. Gophn

Gophn NBR Resident Assistant

Reputations:
    You should call to get any customizations that you dont see on the site... and to get a better deal. :)

3. ProwessIntrepid

Reputations:
    Frak me that was a fast response. I am gonna be emailing Brian in a few, btw.

Can I just order 1 gig from flawless and get a 2 gig stick from newegg or somewhere for cheaper? Is this laptop user upgradable in terms of ram?

4. Gophn

Reputations:
    Yeah you can do that, but Flawless might just price-match that RAM if you pull it to their attention. :)

5. ProwessIntrepid

Reputations:
    I am sticking with 2gigs. 3 was too expensive and not worth it right now. It will be needed on my next lappy in a year or two though.

6. T4House

T4House Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Gophn got it right w/ Vista being the ram hog that it is I want keep 'er screaming for awhile to come, even though I plan to keep with WIN XP at least until the SP2 is out on Vista.

But right now there isn't any 200 pin DIMM 2gb modules are there?

BTW MickDangerous Killer's got his latest review on his M570U coming out tomorrow with http://www.techwarelabs.com/

7. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
  8. Gophn

Reputations:
    They are available, but not everywhere. For example, here is the Kingston 2gig DDR2:
    http://shop.kingston.com/PartsInfo.asp?ktcpartno=KVR667D2S5/2G
    for a whopping $640... the margin on that is about $100

So a stick of 2gig DDR2 for notebooks will run about $550-650.... yikes!!!
    Its worth as much as the high-end videocard (7950 GTX) within the notebook... I know, I am still considering if I should upgrade from my 7800 GTX.

These stick are also available through Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin, and Crucial. It will take a month or so before these are going to be more available when Vista gets released and people find that its a RAM hogger.

Currently a number of resellers have the 4gig (2 x 2gig) option for the Clevo M570U... such as
    http://secure.hypersonic-pc.com/scripts/custom_sys.aspx?sysid=Aviator_CX7

Mainly if a customer wants it, any reseller should be able to order the memory for them, they just need call the reseller to do this customization.

9. T4House

T4House Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OK Chaz and Gophn I froogled it. And all I have to say is :eek: "Holy mother of pearls!" Talk about a swift kick in the stones, no wonder nobody puts it out on the front shelf. Those 2GB lappy sticks are going for about the same as a bar of gold.
    Because of Vista I see memory as the weak link in futer-proofing the system whereas it used to be the slow HD. But I'll wait it out with the rest of you hoping these prices drop.

10. ProwessIntrepid

Reputations:
    I should be ordering that lappy (with a few differences) in a few hours. I keep noticing in the description of this laptop is that it has an Azalia sound system with surround sound capabilities without an eternal decoder. How is that possible? In looking at the pics of the M570U, I only see a line in for headphones and mic? How would the Medusa 5.1 headphones hook in? Am I missing something? (I am used to digital ins/outs and not these three colored cords mess. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.