Clevo Inferior GPU's?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Danishblunt, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can someone please check if these results are actually the same one every notebook or if they are just caused by 1 faulty model?

[​IMG]
    The sager has the highest frames per second, which is expected from a desktop 7700K but why on earth is it so terribly unstable compared to the others? The min is half of the other notebooks, which every CS:GO player would hate with passion.

[​IMG]
    Here we got a GPU intentisve game, and compared to all others the frames are really low. This is a massive 50FPS less than the others????

[​IMG]
    Direct X 12, which uses the GPU more than the CPU made the game way more GPU intensive and again, the performance is down the drain? This time it isn't as bad as for honor, but again, noticeably less than the others.

[​IMG]
    Same story here, Direct X 12 less performance than the others. (when fixing some settings the Acer predator had same result as the GX from asus)

When switching from DX12 to DX 11 1080p on tombraider and mankind devided the performance is better on the sager, but why on earth is the performance dropping down when making the GPU load bigger? Can someone confirm or show that the testsystem might be at fault here, I refuse to believe that the GPU's in the Clevo are inferior to the others. Because of this is actually not caused by only 1 unit but all the others, that would mean the sager is inferior to the others in 4k and direct x 12 gaming, which is a huge deal. If you got one of those games, could you share your results?

All games are maxed out 1080p. Please give us feedback what results you get.

2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    well, first question: what kinda hardware config are we talking about here? is it an apples to oranges comparison? stock vs stock or stock vs overclocked?

3. Ground_Zro

Ground_Zro Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I don't have any of these games, but I can say that the benchmarks that I have ran with my clevo p870km1-g SLI 1080s varied from their other test that these screen shots came from

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

4. Ground_Zro

Reputations:
    Also it was a 6700 not a 7700 I believe

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

5. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    That is a video made by linustechtips

Stress Tech likes this.
  6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's clear the MSI was throttling in the CPU tests because ICCMax wasn't even set from the default. But I guess this was more of a cancer firmware test anyway.

7. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My result from their in-game benchamrk:

1.)Rise of the Tomb Raider - Overall Score - 166FPS at a settings of DX12 Very High w/ stock gpu clock and cpu running at 4.5ghz on all cores.

2.)Deus Ex Mankind Divided - 98.4FPS at a settings of DX12 Ultra w/ stock gpu clock and cpu running at 4.2ghz on all cores. *Note for some reason I'm getting less fps i.e 94FPS when cpu is running at 4.5ghz on all cores in this game!

Stress Tech likes this.
  8. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @jaybee83

it's a 7700K, GTX 1080SLI setup. CPU Oc'ed to 4ghz as far as I can tell.

@cj_miranda23:
    Can you post a pic of those benchmarks?

Seems that tomb raider is running as it should, but some problems in to Mankind devided? Do you have CS:GO and maybe for honor?

9. Ground_Zro

Reputations:
    Just watched the video, it's a 6700k

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Papusan likes this.
  10. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Here you go!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately I don't have CS GO and For Honor. Tomorrow I'll try testing with different type of SLI rendering. Both games are benchmark using NVIDIA recommended SLI setting.

Stress Tech likes this.