Clevo Guide v3.0 - FAQ and Reseller Info ****READ BEFORE POSTING****

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Mr_Mysterious, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Alex@XOTICPC

Alex@XOTICPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Welcome to NBR. Unfortunately we do not accept international cards through our website, but you can PM me as we do have a solution that may work for you.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. woodzstack

woodzstack Company Representative

Reputations:
    Well, I do international, and if someone likes, I can also send from my personal address and send as a gift and use a lower declared value. I've never had anything go wrong yet, maybe 75% of all my orders are internationally oversea's.

Why Pay more locally when someone like me can send it INTERNATIONALLY and its STILL cheaper, and higher quality, and guaranteed.

TBoneSan likes this.
  3. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Logical Blue One has gone out of business couple of years ago here in Australia. There is now only one Clevo reseller which is Metabox. Affordable Laptops only resells certain systems built and customised from Metabox directly.

4. pat@XOTICPC

pat@XOTICPC Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You might want to send a message to a moderator to let them know of that change, to have the list fixed. Thanks for letting us know!

5. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Still able to sell internationally if anyone needs, if there are no other resellers in your area.

6. adante

adante Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Howdy folks. I'm speccing out a laptop for work and trying to figure out the difference between:
    • the P870 and the P775 chassis
      • it seems to mainly be size and I guess the 870 is geared more towards SLI.
      • I'm considering a single 1070 or 1080 (no-SLI). Obviously the saved kg and $ on the P775 is attractive but given the no-free-lunch adage I'm wondering if the P870 offers better thermal design. I will be crunching numbers on this (engineering/scientific computing) so thermal throttling is a bit of a concern.
    • DM2 vs DM3 sub models
      • very little idea on this. Again related to power and/or SLI?
    Also looking to buy in Australia. At the moment probably leaning towards Metabox or AffordableLaptops (which seems oddly cheaper) but if anybody here has ordered from overseas and had a good experience I'm not against re-considering.

openglcg likes this.
  7. openglcg

openglcg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Please let me know. I am considering the same thing right now.

8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    P870 has a better cooling system and the internal layout is quite different. The chassis is more open in the P870. I would recommend going with the P870 even if your preference is single GPU. It's a better product overall. The heat sink on the P775 is its Achilles Heel. It is a unified design that does not work as effectively and its capacity for cooling is diminished compared to the P870.

9. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Higher quality? Seriously though, because paying "more" is the legal way of doing business and the other option is tax fraud, which in every country I am aware of is illegal and btw in the US is a federal offence.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Then I suggest people in the states do not do fraud, because it is a federal offense, nor in the UK, or elsewhere.

We assemble these in Canada, and I determine it's value based on my time and effort involved, legally, so do not worry.
    Invoices would reflect that, of course, and can be provided if needed. Where there's an issue, of course, like sending to the UK, we can even do VATS - prepaid if needed.

Anyways, I can send our products world wide. I can also offer my third party services world wide, to bring a name and service you trust where it is needed or wanted.

I have partners in the UK, and if XMG wants our services, that can be offered too.

Shipping back and forth can be made inexpensive, and of course legal, since returning an item to it's owner is not susceptible to importation taxes.

Why pay more then you have to, there are so many companies in the UK for instance that charge so much - it's insane- that's what I mean, thanks for letting me clarify.

Honestly 75% my business is in the UK or Europe, or Russia/Poland, ASIA, etc..

Mr. Fox likes this.