CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ah, it was private. I've made it public now.

2. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe you should start a different thread for your tool so people can find it more easily?

anytimer and 1610ftw like this.
  3. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm curious.

I know some people had issues with memory leak, which I personally never saw.

I've now some weird memory leak at kernel level (win 10) up to 17gb of RAM on the HalB tag (checked via poolmon.exe). Where you guys seeing similar leaks or what?

EDIT: the culprit was most likely (not 100% sure since I couldn't track explicitly who was leaking under the HalB tag) some serious leakage in the Google Drive File Stream services, even though it's not clear at all so I'm still curious about what exactly was happening the users reporting memory leakage.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  5. lukylac

lukylac Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same issue. I try to contact with John, but unfortunately no answer until now...

6. ERROR_404

ERROR_404 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would go on a limb here and say that Obsidian-PC is affected by the Pandemic and with it the disruption of the business chain.
    Without many products to move, and with little product substitute, any reseller will have to struggle to keep afloat.
    Then Again they belong to Corcet LDA, a specialized car repair company.
    So until a Obsidian or Corcet Rep shows up here and gives a roadmap, its all just a hypothesis.

Then again this is a wild guess but what I can see here, is that the Staff of Obsidian-PC is less active here and the website hasnt been updated with new products.

7. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think it has been stated here that John developed an app or something which is now their primary project and Obsidian stopped being a Clevo reseller for all intents and purposes. I think he didn't mean to drop support for the Tools but that's what happened.