CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello, everyone! Just got this weird issue with software not being activated (FanControl, Updater), probably happened after installing the latest NVidia driver. So, since the UUID is missing for some reason, I decided to check it from the command prompt myself and got nothing from it in return. That's when I found this solution. I've just copied it from "stackoverflow" so it's easier to read for everyone.

Open the advanced System Properties window (you can open the System page with Windows+Pause/Break) and on the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables. In the section for system variables, find PATH (or any capitalization thereof). Add this entry to it:
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

This will not only allow you to access your UUID from the command prompt using the "wmic" command, but it should also bring it back to the John's software. Just activate again with your order number.

2. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone know what is happening with Obsidian PC/John? I ordered a Fan Control license on 5th March but the license doesn't work even til now in spite of the order going through on their site. Have lost 30 euros for over two weeks now.

BrightSmith likes this.
  3. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    With all my sympathy for John's new work and family priorities I'm afraid this great software is now practically EOL.

dmanti, 1610ftw, joluke and 2 others like this.
  4. djsubtronic

Reputations:
    That's understandable, but perhaps they should disable the option to buy more licenses if they simply don't work to even activate the software anymore. Not like it's cheap. I'm happy with the software as it is if it doesn't even receive updates more than once a year if that.

1610ftw, Papusan and joluke like this.
  5. djsubtronic

Reputations:
    So with still nothing back from Obsidian and after trying out RLECViewer for a while (failed me as well because sometimes it would fail to detect the GPU), I decided to put something together myself, sort of a more simple version of John's Fan Control (borrowed the app icon from there).

Basically this:
    upload_2021-3-28_20-44-24.png

Only starting some long term real world testing on it now but if people are interested and John is ok with it, I could put the code/executable up somewhere eventually.

6. rzrwolf

rzrwolf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would join testing.. Better create separate topic with executable and description)

Join the club, i went same way with keyboard and cover LEDs )) https://github.com/rzrwolf/LED-manager-for-Clevo

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-p870xx-p775xx-cover-kb-led-manager.835084/

7. djsubtronic

Reputations:
    Nice, I have installed this as I hate the default blue.

I put my code up here for now: https://github.com/djsubtronic/ClevoFanControl

App starts minimized in tray, if you want it to run on startup you will have to create the entry manually. Did a session of gaming last night and the fan control was stable as per the configured curves. Of course, use at your own risk. I'll create a separate thread at some point.

8. ERROR_404

ERROR_404 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Link not found. Could you relink it please?

I would also like to test it out to see if it works just like the obsidian tool.

9. djsubtronic

Reputations:
    Works for me, can you try again? The UI is inspired by Obsidian, but that's where the similarities end. It's nowhere near as advanced. For example, the temperature stops are fixed for example and there is no custom ramping speed. Also it only supports 2 fans right now (1 x GPU and 1 x GPU) as that is the only machine I have at the moment.

10. rzrwolf

rzrwolf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Doesnt open, have you shared access to this repository?