CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Olyfant59

Olyfant59 Newbie

Reputations:
    @rzrwolf
    Thanks for your input.
    I already dowloaded the CLEVO-drivers right after I bought my laptop in 2017.
    But I was intrigued by the Obsidian-PC software. And because I am in the process of installing a new SSD M.2
    and installing Windows 10 again, I was curious about their software.

I looked on XMG, but could not find anything remotely compatible with my Clevo P775DM3-G. No worries!

I downloaded your small app, but I have to test it as yet...

2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Well, developing software for CLEVO laptops was never enough to pay for one single low Portuguese wage, no way to have more then one developer.

Ah yeah, i paused selling the Updater for now. Only product available is Fan Control.
    I also stopped selling laptops.
    Laptop business is just a crap, manufacturer support is something to laugh at, resellers support and know-how is pretty low.
    I really tried all i could, rebrand for other resellers, trying to communicate with CLEVO to solve problems, find ways to stop the extreme abuse from resellers/users stealing the software, eventually i got tired.

I´m not selling any more tech that i do not have full control over it. From the PCB design to the component selection and firmware code...

OBSIDIAN-PC is "paused" for now, until we find a better use for it other than selling CLEVO laptops.

mhp32, Vasudev, FTW_260 and 4 others like this.
  3. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I hear you, man. The way Clevo has set things up, the resellers take the heat from the customers, while Clevo sits back and watches the fun. The keyboards on my P957HR last just 4 months. Three have failed so far - now waiting for the 4th to arrive.

4. Cylix101

Cylix101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That is very sad to hear :(. I have all the Obsidian Software on my Clevo and they are miles apart from that Clevo CC. And i was also considering my next Clevo DTR from Obsidian to buy. Hope u can make a comeback in the future and the manufacturers realize that their behaveiour is damaging the market.

5. Dmitry Zyabko

Dmitry Zyabko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm happy to see you back, I'm sorry that there are problems with clevo company.
    Do you think you could help me with your software? : I bought form obsidian a updater and fan control and after I replaced the cpu and ram your software didn't activate.
    I spoke to obsidian support and they were not able to help me.

Thanks and am happy to see you here your soft is the best for clevo.

6. cwiggy78

cwiggy78 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I second that. What a shame. Best of luck John and hopefully back into the game once the world has finished falling apart

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

7. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This sucks
    For me as a friend of you and a customer, I feel it's a very sad day! Hopefully you can overcome this one day and get back on track. I'm here to support your decisions John. A big hug

Btw a quick question since I bought the programs myself. Can I download them still? Even without support?

Edit: Control Station is nowhere be found and it would be useful if even without support we could use it :(

Vasudev and dmanti like this.
  8. Cylix101

Cylix101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, Control Station and KeyboardLED are so useful, would be nice to have them around again.

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:

Please write to support@obsidian-pc.com
    No way we will have anyone out of support we have the same team working in the same place so support must be given!!!

For package install:
    https://shop.obsidian-pc.com/en/support.html
    all downloads are there.

And please don’t think for a minute this was a bad thing for us... It might be a bad thing for the CLEVO community but not for us.

To be honest i was developing a motorcycle app and handlebar controller mostly for fun and it became huge... that’s just it, it became so huge that we can’t even manufacture enough for order rate we have. We became so big in this area that’s all we can do now, and obviously selling your own hardware and software to thousands and even selling to Manufactures is a lot better business, specially when you have full control.

10. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am reluctant to ask at this point, but is there a 'good' version of ClevoService that doesn't leak memory at an insane rate? I've set up a scheduled task just to stop/start this every hour. I think it's only really used by FanControl, so I am annoyed by its existence and bad behavior.