CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I use the NVIDIA GPU for video. I also use the 'display GPU activity icon in notification area' found in the NVIDIA control panel>desktop. The icon turns green when video is playing, and goes back to grey when the media player is closed. I use the integrated GPU for everything else, except 3D games, of course. With 457.09, GPU fans are silent when the GPU activity icon is grey, and the GPU temperature in Fan Control shows 'disabled'.
    With 460.89 and later, the GPU fans continue to run even when the GPU is not in use, the GPU activity icon is grey, but the GPU temperature in Fan Control shows the GPU temperature (does not show disabled like it does with older drivers).

2. anytimer

Reputations:
    Please look at my signature and do the same, i.e. put your laptop details there so we know what you're talking about.

My laptop uses Optimus technology - for most cases, like browsing and documents, the integrated GPU is used, but when an application is launched that needs the laptop switches over to the NVIDIA GPU automatically. This means that under normal usage, the laptop runs on the integrated GPU, and the NVIDIA GPU is disabled, saving power and noise from the fans, but when I actually need the high performance, the laptop automatically turns on the NVIDIA GPU.

3. NierALaptop

NierALaptop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I used the Clevo control center to make discrete graphics the default and I also believe that you can do that in the UFEI setting. After I did that my computer doesn't even detect the intergated graphic it only detects the discrete which is what I wanted since nivida optimus doesn't allow Gsync to work correctly.

anytimer and 4W4K3 like this.
  4. anytimer

Reputations:
    Cool. Then you can download the latest driver from geforce.com. I tried 461.09 and it works great except for the staying active stuff, which doesn't matter to you.

5. ERROR_404

ERROR_404 Newbie

Reputations:
    Updated my Sig, hope you are happy now :)

Thing is my system does not have support for descreet graphics. In order to run it needs a gpu in there, as far as my test showed since i wanted to run it with a Pentium G4560 and no GPU.
    Dont ask why i wanted it, I got the system as a barebone (without CPU,RAM,SSD) for roughly 850€ brand new from clevo through ebay years ago. and wanted to see what else it could do. But i ended up putting a i9-9900k in it and use it mainly as virtualization machine. Also bought the fan control from obsidian cuz it was convinient and is useful.

Trying to find a Tm1 2-Bay GPU heatsink but all i find are overpriced onces for 300$ from people who "modified them" for RTX stuff and chinese guys who want 160$ for it but require international shipping which may be iffy

joluke likes this.
  6. Dmitry Zyabko

Dmitry Zyabko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I still have not been able to activate the programs, and now I noticed that they are not on the site, someone knows what is happening ?

7. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    We need to wait for further info from @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

8. Dmitry Zyabko

Dmitry Zyabko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    He hasn't been half a year.

9. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I told everyone here and I'll tell you again: we are in a pandemic and John like most of us is taking care of his wife and daughter.. He still works with Obsidian-pc (it's his own company so that's normal) but I believe he is dedicating his time to his family first and the business as well. He is active still, and most likely he is renovating the apps to launch a new version.

Just chill

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Always the issue with a single developer program.