CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is that an apology for suggesting that I'm making things up (imagining them)? Doesn't seem like one. I'm not getting worked up, just stating fact and I don't think it's unreasonable for you to then acknowledge that you were wrong.

2. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I didn't said i was right either, did i? No!
    Just chill because i'm pretty sure John can get to an agreement with Clevo :)

Sorry for my words, not the most appropriate aproach

dmanti likes this.
  3. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    First, thanks for your response and the clarification. I am happy for him and for sure family comes first, just did not have this information.

I messaged him 1st October and till now there is no reply at all. Also ObsidianPC has not replied to any of my mails for the last 2 months, although I am a customer of them and was facing some troubles with a laptop I ordered there. Gladly a local vendor in my country was able to help then.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    joluke likes this.
  4. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ups, sorry for the double post

joluke likes this.
  5. vIkInG_w0w

vIkInG_w0w Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @rzrwolf so I've got my internet issues sorted out. It should work fine hopefully.
    I'd like to know how you'd go about getting the info for per-key RGBs. Like how long is it going to take? Will it be live or you can use a debugger/logger,etc. Or what time(zone) will you be fine with.

joluke likes this.
  6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You should contact him via PM to avoid cluttering the topic with off-topic :)

vIkInG_w0w likes this.
  7. NierALaptop

NierALaptop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I stopped receiving updates from the updater am I the only one with this problem? My current Nvidia update is 452.06 and it is not detecting a new one. My model is PA71ES.

8. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    452.06 is the last driver that has been tested and approved by John and his team. I've tried 460.89 and 461.09, and both have an issue where the GPU fans keep running even when the GPU is not in use. 457.09 is the latest driver that doesn't have this issue, but might have other issues I don't know about.

With 457.09 and earlier, the Fan Control shows 'disabled' for the GPU temperature when the GPU is not in use. With 460.89 and later, the GPU temperature is displayed all the time, even when the GPU is not in use. This keeps the GPU fans running all the time, and on my laptop you can hear them.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    joluke likes this.
  9. NierALaptop

NierALaptop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am guessing your using the intergrated graphics as default for video. I am using the nividia as default so the gpu doesn't turn off for me anyone.

10. ERROR_404

ERROR_404 Newbie

Reputations:
    I already wondered why my GPU was disblayed as disabled. Already feared it might be defective, doe why would my system run so smooth then :)
    Problem with the disabled thing is that temp monitor is not shown anymore so while the fan control program from HID does work way better than whatever clevo came up with, it seems unwise to be always up to date driver wise. Which coincidentally goes against the thinking of newer = better.

And regarding the internal graphics card thing mentioned by NierALaptop: This statement i can falsify because my system in example doesnt allow the usage of an iGPU from the socket. Its disabled by default. Tried it already by running the laptop without a gpu. sadly would not work that way.