CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good updates @John@OBSIDIAN-PC!

Nice to see ya back my friend! Hope this virus crap passes soon and i can visit you soon :)

FTW_260 likes this.
  2. vIkInG_w0w

vIkInG_w0w Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good to see you back @John@OBSIDIAN-PC !
    Thanks for the efforts.

Just to clarify, I can safely uninstall CCC, restart, then install Control Station and KeyboardLED, tick "per-key RGB" option and it will work?

I use CCC 2.0 which comes with all-in-one package unlike the CCC 3.0 which has individual downloads for CCC, Fan Control and Keyboard Backlight Control from the Microsoft Store.

EDIT:
    So I tried using KeyboardLED (which uses CCC 3.0 for per-key RGB) and its not working for me. It gives an error "No support this module!!!"

I believe CCC 3.0 was released for Intel 8th/9th-gen + NVIDIA RTX GPUs (when they just came out) and it doesn't work for older Intel 8th-gen + GTX 10 series GPUs. Truly unfortunate!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  3. igna.de

igna.de Newbie

Reputations:
    does it work with old clevo from 2013?

4. kiteman112000

kiteman112000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i asked this question a few months ago but never got a reply from anyone and i'm sure with all the traffic in this forum my issue probably got looked over, so apologies for quoting you putting you on the spot :)

i have sager np7856 (released last year) and if i install the control center and the keyboard nothing happens. i change the brightness and everything and the lights don't do anything. maybe i'm doing something wrong? i see older models this app works with so i'm not sure why mine wouldn't. everything works fine with CCC (now uninstalled before installing this). thanks for the help.

5. kiteman112000

Reputations:
    i asked this question a few months ago but never got a reply from anyone and i'm sure with all the traffic in this forum my issue probably got looked over, so apologies for quoting you putting you on the spot! :)

i have sager np7856 (released last year) and if i install the control center and the keyboard nothing happens. i change the brightness and everything and the lights don't do anything. maybe i'm doing something wrong? i see older models this app works with so i'm not sure why mine wouldn't. everything works fine with CCC (now uninstalled before installing this). thanks for the help.

6. kiteman112000

Reputations:
    nm i went back and found where i have to first install fan control once. lol

anytimer and joluke like this.
  7. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Glad you got it fixed! :D