CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes it is, go to our website and use the chat or send email to code@obsidian-pc.com

Papusan, anytimer and ferris209 like this.
  2. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cool thanks!

3. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    1. Control Station updated without fuss, but lost launch capabilities for the other software. Needed to exit and relaunch Control Station before it would launch the other apps.
    2. KeyboardLED gave an error after updating. Downloaded the app from your website and all was well.

Question:
    Why are you offering a Beta driver for the Intel VGA? Updater is suggesting 27.20.100.8673 which is a Beta driver, whereas the latest stable release is 27.20.100.8587 while the latest Beta release is 27.20.100.8691

4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:

Latest stable is throwing "platform not supported" (or whatever error) on some laptops, while the latest BETA is working good and installs fine.

anytimer likes this.
  5. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC : lovely to see you back here. I have been worried (emails seemed to go unanswered). Much relief. Hope all is well.

Re. Fan Control, I have some questions/issues :

- exporting the table, this doesn't seem to work unless the offered filename is preserved (e.g. normalmode). I was trying to use different names to track versions of curves as I tuned things, but the file is not created unless explicitly named 'normalmode'. Restoring also seems to require the exact filename. Is that expected?
    - is it possible to allow for higher emergency temps (CPU or GPU) in case the user really wants throttling (rather than jet engine emergency fan mode)? I ask because it's been the case sometimes that I don't want the high fan noise and would rather have the GPU self-throttle with the max fan speed I defined (noise vs temperature). Currently, the emergency fans kick in and defeat that.
    - do you have a good way to handle the situation where a part bounces between, say, 85 and 86 C, to avoid pulsing the fan up and down? I tried setting the step counts to maximum values to soften the transitions, but it still ends up with this wahWAHwahWAHwah pulsing.

Again, great to see you back!

6. HawkInOz

HawkInOz Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC Any chance this partial CC install could also be leveraged to control the Top Case Logo LED on the P870 Series? That would be soooooo cooooool. Thanks!

7. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC Is this normal?
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    control station.png
    C:\Program Files\ControlStation\Libs\PhoneJack.exe /RestartByRestartManager:C516B9EC-F174-4809-92DA-99C7A0B14F9A /RestartByRestartManager:2F2484EC-64F7-49fb-B84A-38B365F18D6D /RestartByRestartManager:0C3477AA-D75A-4fda-AAEE-6653FBA438D2 /RestartByRestartManager:3ECEE1C0-6358-4d09-B12D-1F7B6DFDC527

I've restarted several times - this keeps coming back.

8. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    1. known bug, will try to fix it soon
    2. will consider it :p
    3. the higher the steps the more "wah wah" you will get, put steps to minimum like 1 for the smoother transition, if your falling on a range that makes it transition much just change the ranges around that area

Is it a P870TM ? Was there ever any CC 2.0 for that model? I dont even know that lol.

Yeap, thats normal, its an option in our Control Station > Windows Tuning tab > Apply Headphone fix, disable that if you do not need it.

FTW_260 and anytimer like this.
  9. HawkInOz

HawkInOz Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  10. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Dear John,
    Is it still available to transfer the licence from one clevo to another? I have sent zillions of letters to the support email, but no reply.
    thanks a lot for your kind feedback