CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Brent R.

Brent R. Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I didn't know we could advertise software here

2. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Obsidian Tools, like Prema's BIOS, addresses, fixes and enhances several aspects of Clevo laptops specifically in this case the Clevo Command Center (CCC).

You don't have to buy it. You can go download it for free right now. But if you want added functionality in 2 of the 4 pieces of software (Updater and Fan Control), you can always activate it.

I mean if you have a specialized piece of software you wrote for a specific line or brand of laptops that adds or enhances utility of the customized software that comes from the OEM I'd be
    interested in it. :)

3. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi all,
    I have written the support more than a month ago (actually 3 times) but no answer. Does anybody know what is going on? I wanted to change the license to my other laptop, but no response... :(

joluke likes this.
  4. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    John had a baby girl and most likely he is working at home . (i'm a friend of his so that would be my guess)

anytimer and electrosoft like this.
  5. vIkInG_w0w

vIkInG_w0w Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know due to Clevo's and others ****ty behavior regarding Obsidian Tools, John has stopped giving it attention, but I'd still like to make a request in case he ever sees this.
    "Just a ON/OFF functionality for KeyboardLED for per-key RGB keyboards. No color changing, brightness control, etc just the ability to turn it on and off"
    This is the only reason I'm still using CCC (which also brings my GPU clock speeds down by ~400MHz). Fan Control works, Control Station works, Driver Updater works; unfortunately only KeyboardLED doesn't which causes the keyboard backlight to be always on and blue.

joluke likes this.
  6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Those would be good features! @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

FTW_260 likes this.
  7. JustK

JustK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    CCC is bringing your GPU clock speed down by 400Mhz? Yikes!

I figured out how to disable all of the functionality of CCC except Power Modes and Keyboard LED by messing with Win10 registry. Basically you just do a search for all Clevo related entries and delete the ones that you don't want anymore. Backup your registry before trying this in case you bork something up. You could try disabling the GPU Overclock module of CCC.

8. JustK

JustK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm also awaiting per-key LED keyboard functionality. Then, I finally get rid of CCC altogether.

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yesterday and Today updates might cause problems.
    If after the update you get an error, as always, just install the full package again (no need to uninstall first):
    https://shop.obsidian-pc.com/en/support.html -> Column on the right

Updater includes X170SM

Updater includes latest WIFI models

Keyboard LED does not have support for Per-Key RGB but allows you to use the CLEVO app just for the keyboard (its not a full CC install so its all good), just tick the box "Use CLEVO Per Key RGB" and it will install all that´s needed.

Josh Gunderson, FTW_260 and anytimer like this.
  10. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, after I got my brand new computer a couple months ago, I paid for the fan app and the drivers app, then I sent my new laptop back and, long story short, it got totally replaced.

Is it possible for my activation to transfer over to my new new computer?

I don’t want to buy it all over again.