CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. padman

padman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello! I have P970EN Clevo model.
    I've updated my Chipset drivers using the Updater app and I've lost all extra touchpad fuctionalities like scrolling, pinch to zoom etc. It shows my chipset version is 1.0.3 now. I've tried to re-install the version that came with the laptop from my reseller but it still doesn't work, Updater still shows I have version 1.0.3. Literally the only thing I can change about the touchpad is sensitivity. I went into BIOS and loaded default settings and still nothing.
    Just wanted to ask here for any tips before I'm forced to do a full Windows reinstall to maybe get this touchpad working again. Is there any way to downgrade to 1.0.2 chipset drivers maybe? Or is there a way to uninstall chipset driver completely so I can properly install the version that came from reseller? I have full, paid version of the updater sofwater from Obsidian-PC.
    Cheers.

2. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You may need to force-reinstall the touchpad drivers. There used to be an issue with the chipset drivers causing the trackpad to be completely/partially broken. Reinstalling the trackpad drivers may restore the missing functionality. You can enable this by using 'force enable all' and installing the touchpad drivers again. You may need an external mouse plugged in or available, just in case of trouble.

As far as I can recall, the chipset drivers are essentially just inf files and don't do very much of anything useful to an already-running system.

3. cgilley

cgilley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Posting here because I can't find a specific thread for the Obsidian Fan Control...

I'm a relatively happy owner of a P650HS-G - once I found the Obsidian updater and fan control. That Microsoft would decide to update drivers on my laptop illustrates how smart people can be so stupid, but that's not the point of this port. The Obsidian fan control s/w is driving me batty working from home as it cycles fan 1 from 46% to 67% every 10 seconds... The main reason is due to ClevoService.exe running along at 14% of cpu. No idea why it's doing this, but Obsidian tells me the service is only used by the fan control.

If you happen to be using this software on a Windows 10 machine, would you please check your task manager to see what ClevoService.exe is idling at? My theory is that something in the latest series of Windows OS updates (I'm on Win 10 Professional 64 bit, Version 2004 Build 19041.329).

Thanks

4. Alfly

Alfly Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi John, Hi everyone,

I tried to use Remote Monitor. But it doesn't work. I got the following message "Could not connect".

Does anyone tried this app?

5. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Updating Intel graphics driver failed. Rebooted, cleaned with DDU, then installed an older driver that I had lying around, because if you click the 'install' button Updater deletes the file it had just downloaded and tries to download it again. I have limited bandwidth.

So that makes 3 drivers that I've now set to 'ignore'.
    nVIDIA graphics
    Intel graphics
    Sound Blaster - I'm using a modded driver for that.

6. PC2020

PC2020 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I would just like to say a massive thank you for providing the Control Panel, LED Keyboard and Fan Control! I have recently purchased a Clevo P170SM-A and after encountering some bugs and problems, I downloaded an outdated control panel and a LED keyboard controller from the Clevo website. After playing around with the settings, I discovered that I couldn't change many of the settings in the Control Panel and the LED keyboard application - probably because the software was designed to be used on Windows 8 (I have Windows 10 installed).

After downloading your applications, I am now fully in control of my keyboard and a lot of the problems and bugs I was encountering have since disappeared!

Secondly, I was having problems with my CPU constantly thermally throttling whilst playing games resulting in massive FPS drops as you can imagine. Once I downloaded your Fan Controller application, I could set my fans speed to Maximum and after doing some initial tests, my CPU temperature seems to have dropped by around -7°C! The CPU is still throttling in some instances but there has been a major improvement. I think the next logical step is to disassemble the laptop, give it a thorough clean, check the heatsinks are installed correctly or haven't moved over time and eventually apply some new thermal paste to see if I can gain further temperature drops.

I have one question regarding the Fan Controller application, if I may:

Mine seems to be different from the Application posted in this thread. I seem to have much less control over the various fan speeds and settings. I am assuming this has something to do with the BIOS in my model not having as many features or being limited in some way?

This is a screenshot of the application running on my system: *I have blanked out an area towards the right of the screenshot as it contained some kind of ID/Serial Number and I wasn't sure if that should remain private or not*

[​IMG]

Thanks again and any help regarding my question is greatly appreciated!

7. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This looks like the free version. All the bells and whistles are in the paid version.

8. squee666

squee666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    thanks this fixed it i wish this was explained somewhere lmao

9. ac17

ac17 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys,
    I cannot change the brightness with my Fn f8/9 keypboard keys.
    I have tried:
    - uninstalling / reinstalling hotkeys
    - uninstalling / reinstalling latest graphics drivers
    - uninstalling the Keyboard entries in Device Manager
    - Obsidian PC Controller (the slider seems fixed at -1%. Even if I slide it to 100%, nothing happens to the brightness on the screen and the slider defaults back to -1%)
    - I followed various regedit suggestions online; nothing worked

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  10. ac17

ac17 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    SOLVED !

I used DDU and did a clean uninstall of drivers (vs just within device manager)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    anytimer and joluke like this.