CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Faktora

Faktora Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There are some bugs when both are running. I had an issue with accurate temp monitoring from fan control, which boosted the fans much more than it should have. If I remember correctly, in order to use FlexiKey(Clevo's LED control program) you need to have installed and running CCC, which then interferes with FanControl in a bad way. IMHO just uninstall CCC and FlexiKey, if it is supported use Obsidian's Keyboard LED.

2. bonassifer

bonassifer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The obsidian keyboard led is no longer working after a clean installation of windows 10 2004.
    I can't get the obsidian led keyboard to work.

3. rzrwolf

rzrwolf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you installed fan control ? Because they both use native clevo EC control library and only fan control comes with it. Keyboard led doesnt work stand alone without fan control

joluke likes this.
  4. bonassifer

Reputations:
    Yes, I installed the three obsidian items:
    Control station, Fan control and Keyboard Led.
    The problem is only with the led, when I start the machine it turns on the led in blue, then turns off.
    I no longer have control over the leds.

5. squee666

squee666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    yeah confirming again that led control doesnt work , when i know it previously worked on this model Clevo P670

6. bonassifer

Reputations:
    Will the obsidian led keyboard be fixed?
    Will it work P950HP with windows 10 2004?

7. scooptroop

scooptroop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just did a wipe and fresh install of windows on my 2019 PB71 and I'm wondering if I should go for the obsidian software instead of downloading clevo control center again. The only issue I see is that my computer has per key rgb and I guess the obsidian software doesnt deal with that. Is it possible and recommended to have the obsidian control station, fan software, and then the clevo rgb software? Does that all work together well?

Also, do I have to do anything regarding drivers after this fresh install or does checking updates on Windows basically take care of all that?

8. vIkInG_w0w

vIkInG_w0w Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I personally am using Clevo Control Center since without it I can't even turn off the annoying blue keyboard LEDs. I've undervolted using ThrottleStop instead of Control Station since it is not recommended to run CCC and CS. As for fan control whenever I game, I use max fans anyways but I do miss the finer fan controls that can keep the fans quieter during idle usage like browsing or watching movies etc.

Regarding drivers, don't exactly rely on Windows updates but the Clevo website or your reseller website if they offer. And then run a Windows update. Only driver windows updated for me was Intel Graphics and Synaptics Touchpad (maybe a couple smaller drivers I don't remember since it happened only once).

9. scooptroop

scooptroop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I bought my PB71 RF-G through HIDevolution. Looking for drivers on their site and I don't even see the model mentioned. Clevo's site seems like it might have it but it's hard to make sense of. I've included a picture down below.

So you did you end up trying the Obsidian Software then switching back to CCC? I've noticed the blue keyboard light wont go away now that I've done a fresh reset. Did simply downloading the Clevo Keyboard program in conjunction with the obsidian control center not work? I've used throttleStop in the past and have really liked it. I saw that there is some integration with Obsidian Control Station but did that not work for you?

Attached Files:

10. vIkInG_w0w

vIkInG_w0w Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes thats the page for driver downloads, It can be a pain in the ass to find updated driver but go with the latest date on the particular driver. You can also try ProStar website for drivers- far easier to find the ones you are looking for.

As for Control Station (CS) I want to fully switch to it but since KeyboardLED doesn't work with per key RGB, I've simply disabled it (as in don't run on Windows startup) and use CCC fully now. Also I will mention that I use the 8th gen Intel CPU model that uses CCC 2.0 which doesn't come in parts unlike the newer CCC 3.0 from Windows Store that I believe you are using.

Thing is CCC and CS use different services that cause clash so using even a part of CCC may cause CS to not work properly. You can simply download just Clevo Keyboard and test out for a week to see if there are any problems while using CS. As for Obsidian Fan Control, I believe CCC messes with this the most.